Yesterday, i installed the xenium SP.ICE chip into my v1.6 xbox. i followed the directions EXACTLY as your many tutorials instructed me to. As long as have the boot disc in, i can launch into evox from the xenium 2.0.1 OS....but if i don't have it in, i can't launch the evox and it goes straight to the msdash...what am i doing wrong?
<<---------------- Creation of the Boot Disk -------------------->>
1. extract the files from the version of EvoX you downloaded. You should put your dummy file in the extracted folder.
2. in the new EvoX folder, find the file with the extention (i.e. .bmp, .txt) of .xbe
it is usually names something along the lines of evoxdash.xbe
This is the dashboard file. *YOU MUST* rename this to default.xbe for boot disk purposes
3. make sure you have *at least* these files in your evoX folder
default.xbe (after renaming)
dummy file (nero.zip)
4. open Craxtion. click add. Browse so that it is searching for the folder with the
evoX files in it. Click Next. It will now ask you to point it in the direction of where to save your new .iso you can also rename it in the bottom left Click Next. If it asks you if you want to patch the default.xbe, choose no. Then Finish it up and you got yourself a new xbox .iso
5. open nero. close out of the wizard if it pops up. go to File>Burn Image. Burn the .iso file you made with Craxtion onto your blank cd-rw. Burn as slow as possible to insure a safe burn.
6. after burning the disk, put that disk into your xbox and turn it off then back on.
This Boot Disk has created a temporary FTP server so that you can transfer files to and from your xbox and computer. In order to FTP to your xbox, you HAVE to be at your dashboard, either by boot disk or if it's already installed then just go to it by default.
!!AS SOON!! as you get the boot disk to work and you connect to your xbox for the first time, BACK UP your C: and E: drives. You can do this by using FlashFXP. Use "Quick Connect" and type in the following:
IP: 192.168.0.X (x depends on what you did in the evox.ini file.)
now connect. on the right box you should see
double click the Backup folder on the LEFT display. Drag the C: folder from the right to left (when in the backup folder) and do the same with the E:. This is just in case something ever goes wrong and you want to have your xbox back to normal.
On the left display, find your way to your good ole EvoX folder. Find that default.xbe of yours and right click it. Rename it to evoxdash.xbe Drag it over into the C: on the xbox. (double click on a folder to open it, you can't drag files/folders into a folder by dragging it on top of it and trying to drop it in) This makes your temporary FTP server into a permanent one. This is also how you replace your dashboard (if you ever want to update).
also, i would prefer to use the XBMC dashboard, can anyone point me in the direction of using it?