Have an xbox 1.4 -1.5. Pretty sure the EEPROM was bad as well as the hard drive. Got it free from a friend and figured it would be a great way to learn before I started hacking my personal Xbox that works. Anyway, when I got the xbox from my friend it was (FRAG)ing. This is what I have done so far.
1) Put in a spider chip v1.1 (yeah, I now that was my first mistake)
a) Finally got it working and to boot to Cromwell screen.
2) Used the instructions from http://www.hackdabox.com/
3) Burned a DVD-R disk with X2 4981.06 bios (256k). Burned at 1X.
a) Had to crack open my personal xbox to use the dvd drive as it had a Samsung drive and was able to read the DVD-R.
4) During the bios flash it lasted about 3seconds and rebooted. (I must say I was excited and thought I was on my way)
5) I am now back to where I started from, xbox FRAGís when powered up.
Iím not sure where to go from here?? Was thinking maybe the DVD and HD needed to be hooked up but not sure that is a good assumption.
Also, Still need to figure out how Iím going to restore the HD image (I have a couple 10GB HD lying around). Have heard that Slayer is a good one.
Anyway, would greatly appreciate any assistance with where to go from here