XboxMediaCenter CVS build of March 12th 2006 compiled by T3CH.
This is a complete snapshot of what is in CVS at the time the build was compiled, with just a few small additions.
Here is the FULL changelog since the March 06th 2006 build
(last one posted on xbins
- 12-03-2006 fixed: file names with ',' inside archives.
- 12-03-2006 fixed: dvdplayer would sometimes stall in the middle of a movie
- 12-03-2006 fixed: navigation (highlight) would apear to have laggy on menu's with multiple sequential overlays. (ex. original matrix ntsc dvd )
- 12-03-2006 fixed: dvdplayer would drop loads of frames when resuming from pause.
- 12-03-2006 fixed: Incorrect strings shown at start of Delete from Media windows.
- 11-03-2006 changed: Edit Title for Video Database items now also changes the title in the xml file that holds the movie details. This means the Movie Info window will now display the updated title as well.
- 11-03-2006 fixed: [ 1435914 ] "Set lock" bug
- 11-03-2006 added: Debug logging to xbmsp file opening.
- 11-03-2006 fixed: [ 1394481 ] DVD Player - LCD Output.
- 11-03-2006 fixed: Infinite loop if a media window is activated with a path that does not exist.
- 11-03-2006 fixed: Text positioning could be up to 1 pixel out.
- 11-03-2006 fixed: <origin>'s weren't being scaled for different resolutions.
- 11-03-2006 added: GetThumb button to Movie information dialog to redownload the thumb (overwrites any existing)
- 10-03-2006 changed: decoupled video playback from master clock in dvdplayer to allow for nicer transition when timestamps in dvd wrap back
- 10-03-2006 fixed: CUE sheet path name resolving (and other path name resolving) was broken on remote shares.
- 10-03-2006 changed: music nav, restored track naming template for songs sorted by track num
- 10-03-2006 fixed: last selected cue item in directory is not remembered
- 10-03-2006 fixed: items of the music playlist are reset to file when the content of the playlist changes
- 10-03-2006 fixed: movies where not stacked when adding a folder to the playlist
- 10-03-2006 fixed: cue items where not filtered when adding a folder to the playlist
- 10-03-2006 fixed: Crash bug in some skins introduced by fix for first few thumbs.
- 10-03-2006 added: Enabled the Resume button in dialog video info.
- 10-03-2006 changed: <imagepath> or <info> in a multiimage control can now point to a single image file (doesn't have to be a folder of files).
- 10-03-2006 fixed: Multiple controlgroups with no id defined were given the same id which meant last control focus was not saved on window exit correctly.
- 10-03-2006 fixed: Incorrect labels shown at start of filemanager copy, move and delete.
- 10-03-2006 fixed: First few thumbs sometimes wouldn't update in My Pictures
- 10-03-2006 changed: Visualisation screensaver doesn't reset on button press unless a dialog is active.
- 10-03-2006 changed: GUI Messages are sent to the first visible control that matches the id, and only sent to invisible controls if the visible one does not handle it.
- 09-03-2006 fixed: [ 1446065 ] No Media can be played after stopping wma file.
- 09-03-2006 added: Dynamic range compensation to videos. Replaces the old Volume Amplification which only worked with mplayer. TRANSLATORS: Definition of string id 290 has changed.
- 09-03-2006 fixed: Controlgroup default control saving wasn't working correctly.
- 09-03-2006 fixed: Crash in Settings->Appearance if Font.xml wasn't of the usual form.
- 08-03-2006 fixed: trying to access a nonexisting smb computer showed authentication dialog instead of invalid computer name.
- 08-03-2006 added: System.DVDLabel info label. Shows the title of the dvd.
- 08-03-2006 added: Smart Playlists in My Music. Only loadable from a file (no GUI setup of smart playlists)
- 08-03-2006 fixed: CUtil::GetFileName() was not using the correct directory separators.
- 08-03-2006 changed: Video playlist now shows label, rather than filename.
- 08-03-2006 added: Filtering of Party mode via a PartyMode.xml in system/ folder.
- 07-03-2006 changed: always="true" now only effects the default control saving - all other control saving still occurs (list positions, control group settings etc.)
- 07-03-2006 fixed: Dialogs were rendered over the top of the screensaver.
- 07-03-2006 changed: If visualisation is used as screensaver, a button press will disable it like with all other screensavers.
- 07-03-2006 added: Get Thumbs and Resume button to album and video info dialogs (disabled until we get the code done).
- 07-03-2006 fixed: dvdplayer could lockup if demuxer reported a too high framerate
- 07-03-2006 fixed: dvdplayer could stall if it tried to sync audio clock while playing a format with small audioframes (2ch pcm, 2c ac3 + OTAS)
- 07-03-2006 added: sync message to avoid stalling dvdplayer thread when trying to sync audio/video on discontinuities
- 07-03-2006 changed: disabled sort order button for bookmarks in music nav
- 07-03-2006 fixed: if the last focused control of a control group is disabled, no other control will get the focus
- 07-03-2006 fixed: party mode table is missing when a new musicdatabase is created
- 07-03-2006 fixed: some dvd menu's with still frames would have double overlays, one stuck one movable
- 07-03-2006 fixed: ListItem.Directory etc. weren't working correctly.
- 07-03-2006 changed: avoid closing audiocodec/renderer if stream's codec info didn't change over vts borders
- 07-03-2006 changed: general stream discontinuity detection in dvdplayer (support for non dvd streams).
- 07-03-2006 changed: Music Party Mode now uses a database table for its history, means another upgrade to version 1.6
- 07-03-2006 changed: when Music Party Mode is enabled, all the extraneous playlist buttons in the Now Playing window are disabled
- 07-03-2006 changed: "Delete" option in the root share context menu to "Remove Source" for consistency
- 07-03-2006 fixed: playlist caching
- 07-03-2006 changed: files added to the musicdatabase with no artist or album set will be added to an artist/album "Unknown" musicdatabase will be updated to version 1.5. This also fixes: some artists in music nav are not selectable
- 07-03-2006 fixed: Multiple paths in XBoxMediaCenter.xml would mean games wouldn't be found from Kai.
NOTEWORTHY CHANGES IN THIS BUILD
- 'Smart Playlists' for music, see http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.php...laylists#h236-4
- Dynamic Range Compression (DRC) for video playback
- Keymap.xml: No changes this time
- XboxMediaCenter.xml: Added .xsp (Smart Playlists) to music extensions.
Install notes from T3CH readme/nfo:
* DASHBOARD INSTALL
Thanks to a new app called 'Team UIX's Xbe Shortcut Maker v1.0' by JbOnE, it's now extremely easy...
Edit XBMC\xboxmediacenter.xml to your liking & transfer contents of XBMC folder TO (this is VERY important) "E:\APPS\XBMC\". Rename <<RENAME_ME.xbe>> to something your bios can boot (see http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.php...BMCAsDash#h44-2
or read your BIOS README) and transfer to your C partition. No need to fiddle with HOME tag anymore, and future upgrades you won't need to worry about this file on C.
* APPLICATION INSTALL
Edit XBMC\xboxmediacenter.xml to your liking.
Transfer _whole_ XBMC folder to your APPS folder.
* UPGRADE TIPS
If you're updating from a VERY old/bad build you may get issues. Follow these simple rules:
- Replace (FTP OVERWRITE) all files in your XBMC folder with fresh ones from your new build
- Delete old savegame/settings (from E:/TDATA/0face008)
- In some rare cases some of the database files in XBMC/Albums/*.db may need manual deletion (usually if they are very old). Note: This loses all per file settings you made with the old build!
The XBMC manual is available on The XboxMediaCenter manual has also been updated with information about the trainer feature, check it out on manual.xboxmediacenter.de
You can add more scripts and skins yourself if desired. You can download them from http://allxboxskins.com
Keep in mind this is a CVS snapshot of the current development tree. It's not a official (stable) point release. Use only if you know what you are doing.