QUOTE(smokeydadog @ May 19 2006, 06:53 AM)
Last night's show was my first TNA viewing, and here's what I took from it:
- It was great to see a lot of the old WCW guys again. Sting, Jarrett, Steiner, Konnan, Nash, etc. They're aging, but I think there's still a lot of potential for some good matches there.
- Having said that, why didn't any of them wrestle? All I saw were no-name (to me anyway) matches. It all turned out to be a big tease.
- What's up with interrupting a match for a commercial break? I never remember other wrestling shows cutting to a commercial in the middle of a match. Maybe they did, and I'm just getting old and forgetful.
- The overall quality of the wrestling wasn't terribly great. It wasn't horrible either, though, so I can live with it.
- Announcers were forgettable. I don't watch the show for them anyway, but it would be nice to have some good talent there.
- Nash looks like a dork with short hair. Is he selling used cars at his day job or something?
Overall I thought the show was okay. I'll probably tune in from time to time, but as of now I don't see it as something I can get overly excited about. It sure would help if they'd put the show on a little earlier. Some of us actually have to be up at 6:30 every morning to go to work. Maybe I'll have to hook up my old VCR again.
-They didn't wrestly, imo, because as HSD noted, they are old fucks. They had a PPV Sunday and are still recovering. They do have some guys with decent mic skills.
-TNA is awful about interrupting matches w/commercial breaks. IDK why, but I agree it is a whippin.
-They have some talented young guys who can REALLY put on a show. I personally don't care for Samoa Joe. I think he's a fat dork. I was really rooting hard for Rhino, who I think is greatness with his energy and his size-the guy looks like a bar room brawler the likes of Bam Bigelow/One Man Gang. I think Abyss is just big. He's a sorry cross between Cane/Mankind (With a Paul Bearer starter-kit manager). Styles can bring it, Daniels can bring it. I'm still undecided on Christian Cage. I'd like to see someone take his title and make him work for a living.
-Iron Mike Tunney annoys a lot of people. I don't mind him. He's just typical of a ringside guy. I like them better than some of the WWE ringside talent (Except the King...I
-I think Nash was just ready for a change. His hair now looks better than it did several months ago. It was great long, and it's OK short. But for a while it was really hideous (see his profile at http://www.tnawrestling.com/roster/kevinnash/index.html
It's getting better. I tivo it in case I fall asleep (getting older, this happens more and more). I still turn it on at 10.