A challenge for all porters:Nethack
is one of the famous (if not the most famous) Rogue-like game ever made. It's very challenging and I still play it every day on my old PDA (PSION Revo Plus, for anybody who wonders). If you want to read more, visit the official site
or read the article
about Nethack on Wikipedia.
A few requests for when anyone takes up the challenge of porting Nethack 3.4.3:
- Include support for 80x25 text-mode.
- Include support for IBMgraphics.
- Include overscan compensation, so all characters can be seen.
- Include USB keyboard support.
- Include the "dump character"-patch, so it's possible to brag over the latest YASD.
- Make the port Hearse compatible, so bones files can be shared between brave/cowardly dungeon explorers.
Reward: eternal fame and a cheap plastic imitation of the Amulet of Yendor (you unfortunatly must retrieve it yourself at ~DL40).