Here's what I did after many tries with xboxhdm, slayers, and Krayzie's Ndure and UXE Installers. I used a WD 20GB HDD, I had full backups of Retail C and E on my PC. Krazie's Installers have nkpatchers that allow you to have >137GB HDD's
1. Extract XBOXHDM v1.9
2. Copy EEPROM.BIN to the Eeprom folder
3. Copy the contents of Drive C from your Retail HDD to C folder
4. Create folders CACHE, TDATA & UDATA on in E Folder, later you can FTP back your saved games after upgrade.
5. Copy the Savegames from Krazie's Ndure 1.1 or UXE 2.8 Installers to the UDATA folder
- i.e. 4d530017, 4541000d, 5553000c, 21585554
6. Execute make-DOS-floppy.bat to make the ISO, burn it, shutdown, swap HDD's in computer, boot with CD.
- Since the HDD is already locked you'll need to unlock it
7. Option 3, at prompt type unlockhd -a, follow instructions to unlock, after that type reboot
8. Option 1, type xboxhd, follow instructions to format and copy files, then when finished, ar prompt type reboot
- Now you need to lock hdd
9. Option 3, at prompt type lockhd -a, follow instructions, then type poweroff
10. swap HDD's back, stick HDD in xbox, etc...
- Now you should have a Clean Retail like HDD with savegame installers.
11. Boot with Expliotable Game, 007 AUF, MA, SC, and load Savegame
12. Follow instructions to install the Softmod .. I installed UnleashX as Dash
- After Softmod is fully installed and working, gain FTP access to your xbox
- In Drive E you should see dashboard which is where UnleashX is installed
13. In FTP, delete the contents of dashboard, and copy over the contents of XBMC folder.
14. Reboot, and you should be up and running with a fresh install of XBMC!