QUOTE(bratwurst @ Aug 13 2007, 10:26 PM)
A few things I think that is preventing the progress of a ps3 mod is
1. Blue ray burners are still expensive ($500 - $1000)
2. Blank blue ray discs are around $20 a piece.
3. Being able to load from the hardrive is nice but if a game is 25gb and you have a stock 80gb drive, thats only about 2-3 games. (depending on what else you have on the drive)
1. Yes but I think people are working on other ways to do it, that bypass the need for burned blu-ray discs
2. See answer 1
3. You wouldn't have to use your stock PS3 HD, mods (like team Xecuters Hyperdrive) have been made that allow you to connect any 3,5" SATA harddrive to your PS3 easily and conveniently.
All wishful thinking of course, as there is no hack or chip available for the PS3 yet.