Currently, there is no way to backup your own cartridges or ROM files. Since there is no way for you to create your own backup from a commercial ROM, there are some rules to follow that may not be like the other sections of this board.
Head Mod Edit: There are ways to backup your own personal DS games but it doesn't mean that the following doesn't apply. Follow these guidelines.
If you are not sure, ask 1st. We do not support piracy. Any piracy talk will be dealt with accordingly.
- Linking to commercial ROM files.
- Linking or discussing sites that offer downloads of commercial ROM files.
- No talk of sharing commercial ROM files.
- Don't mention any release groups or release number.
- Discussion of ROMs is ok, as long as you don't talk about the downloadable version.
- You can speculate at techniques and tools that may be helpful in creating your own backups.
- You can talk of programs that manipulate ROM files. (I.E. Trimming applications)
- Homebrew ROM talk is ok.
- Anything to do with a Nintendo DS (NDS) and its accessories is obviously legit.
HSDEMONS sums it up nicely
This forum is here for discussion about all things DS. Games talk, Hack talk, flashcard talk etc. However, no LINKS to illegal files. If you don't know if something is illegal.. don't post a link to it.This post has been edited by atomiX: Mar 21 2007, 11:59 AM