I will keep here information of various subjects that do not fit in the FAQ and asked often in this forum.
-----Backup and media stealth (DMI, PFI, Video partition, samsung SS) and how to check:
After you extracted your image with XBCreator
, you can check the stealth in the Schtrom/Tools tab
and using the Acidflash stealth check
. You can also use the Stealth check in XBcreator (if you get video questionable it is usually ok, but you can confirm with schtrom).
- At this point it only has value if you have a Samsung drive in your X360 (Hitachi hacked firmware does not support media stealth at this point)
- How to test a burned DVD (TUTORIAL): If some of the components are missing or in the event that you are unsure how you built that backup, we suggest to redo it from the original with a samsung drive(5.3 and before)**/Kreon drive.
- Using Wxripper and a hitachi drive: Not recommended anymore. It seems the SS extracted with Hitachi drive should not be used because easier to detect. For those who want to prepare for the day the Hitachi FW supports media stealth, you should till extract your backups with a Samsung**/Kreon Drive using XBCreator/Schtrom. You would then be able to do a "Complete backup" so no point in extracting separate pieces and merging.
WHAT NOT TO ASK at XS
- How to extract an image from a backup: NO image extraction from a backup. We do not care what the cute reason is, we heard them all and it is no.
- How to merge additional stealth components in an existing image. Redo them from the originals.
Plse look at Tutorial On Making Backup With Xbc / Imgburn, (and about stealth verification)
for more infomation.
**The lastest iXtreme Samsung FW will not allow you to rip (extract) games with any software (XBCreator, schtrom, IsoBuster...). You will need to reflash to 5.3 or acquire a Sh-D162C(ide)/SH-D163A(sata) for your PC in order to backup games.
Tutorial on How To Flash/Update Samsung To Latest iXtreme firmware: Tutorial, iPrep or Xtreme Boot maker / Via card method
, plse keep the questions in that thread. Note there are also instruction on XtremeBootMaker.
-----Flashable (an Swapping) Drive
-----There is no region hack as of now.
: Flashed firmware or modchip only allow you to play backup for the same region as the original game. Before importing games you must therefore confirm that it is playable with your console region attribute. Some games are allowed in multiple regions and some are even region free
. That information can usually be found at:egamia.com- Region Free Xbox_360 Games
. For games not identified to be playable in your region, the is no hack possbile at this point
-----Chips Vs. Flashed Drives: "The Official Thread"
is where this entire debate is done. Keep discussions to that thread (new one will be merged).
In order not to lose the info and have the same questions asked repeatedly plse keep all discussion about connectivity Kit in Connectivity Kit Questions, All Info/Question/Discussion Here
requires a Via chipset to be flashed using the bad flash method. Please do not ask us to search your motherboard for you; Google Your MB
and the word specifications
The tray of the three current Drives
you can find in a X360. The version can only be confirmed by opening your console, but you can use the Drive List
to get an idea of the version you have.
The only PC DVD-ROM models the can be used with Kreon FW to rip entire games
(including SS, DMI, PFI,Video and game partitions) with XBCreator (or Schtrom) are: IDE = SH-D162C and TS-H352C; SATA =SH-D163A and TS-H353A.
And every letter in the designation is important (i.e. SH-D162A is not good)
since late 2008 you can rip to and play games from your X360 hardrive, but you still require the original to be in the tray for validation
rgds, sosoThis post has been edited by sosotiit: Dec 26 2008, 03:57 PM