Here's the window that pops up when you select a button in in the configuration window. "Basic" icon and name are sort of like universal icons or names that replace the default ones if you don't select a mode, or if you select a mode but don't have any icon or name specified for that particular mode.
Here you can see bookmark mode is selected and it has changed to be options for the Bookmark mode specific icon and name, instead of just basic, and a button appears below where you can select the bookmark the button will open. You basically just select the "Link to video bookmark" button and type in the name of the bookmark you want it to open. Of course, you must have already created this bookmark yourself in the video window. It also does not currently work in Library mode, but this function should be added shortly as well.
Here's an example of how you can customize it, using custom icons and labels...
In category script mode, selecting a button would bring up a dialog something like this, once you've configured it.
Here it is with the TV Show and Movie buttons enabled, and video marketplace disabled. Currently, it's setup so that they simply link to bookmarks which you specify in the Skin Mods Settings.
Here it is with absolutely everything enabled. Notice the arrow to the right of the highlighted button. This allows you to maintain use of the MC360 guide button while still using all the other features. The same arrow appears over the Movies/TV Shows button when all features are enabled.
This is the window that opens when you select Media Center....Thinking about removing it because, for one, its really just another step between you and launching the app, and two, although this is a replica of the same screen found on the actual Xbox 360, I think it only shows up there when you haven't yet configured it to sync up with your computer.
You can see more pictures in the original threads, stated above, but here's a picture of the remote computer startup/shutdown mod.
If you're wondering about the button icons seen in these screenshots, I made all of these (except the one with the xbox controller which is originally from the Live Place) plus many more, a bit over 30 total. I have included these with the download in a folder called "Marketplace Icons." If you have any requests for more, let me know on this thread, and I'll see what I can do. I might want you to paypal me a dollar or or so to do it, if I can't find any good free stock photos, so that I can buy a good pic....I got most these off of stock xchange. Pretty much everything is royalty free except for one which are actual logos like the PBS and Comedy Central icon and so forth.
Here are some basic instructions for installation of this mod. There will be readme's included as well, and I suggest looking at the original thread for the remote computer startup/shutdown mod for instructions if you plan on using that. INSTRUCTIONS:
1. FTP into your xbox and find the XBMC folder on your xbox. Copy the XBMC folder found in this mod over the XBMC folder on the xbox. Note: no parts of XBMC itself are modified, this is simply so you can transfer all scripts and everything with one step. If there are any scripts included with this mod that you already have on your xbox and would rather just keep the version you have, simply delete them from the mod before transfering over.
2. FTP the "Marketplace Icons" and "XBMC-TV" folders to somewhere convenient on your xbox hard drive. I simply placed mine in the root of my E drive.
3. Make sure everything copied properly, and restart XBMC.
4. Once XBMC restarts, go into Videos and select "Add Source." Navigate to the XBMC-TV folder and select OK. Make sure the Bookmark is named XBMC-TV and select "done." Note: this is needed for the Video Marketplace default settings, otherwise one of the buttons will be broken.
5. Go to the MC360 Guide by pressing Start on the controller or selecting the MC360 Guide button with the remote control. Go to "Personal Settings" and then "Skin Mods Settings." Configure things as you like. Things are fairly self explanatory. MCE stands for Media Center Extender. WOL/SOL stands for Wake-On-LAN and Shutdown-On-LAN and enables the button to remotely start and shutdown your computer.
Movie / TV Show Button Instructions:
1. Create 2 bookmarks that separately link to your TV Shows and Movies
2. Enable option in Skin Mods Settings.
3. Link buttons to appropriate Bookmarks by type in the name of the corresponding bookmark in the "Link to Movie/TV Show Bookmark" buttons.
Media Center Extender Instructions:
1. Make sure you have Media Center Extender for Xbox installed in your xbox hard driveor in the DVD drive.
2. Enable option "Enable MCE Button" in Skin Mods Settings.
3. Select button "Specify Media Center folder..." and navigate to your Xbox Media Center Extender folder (probably named Media Center Extender for Xbox). Select "done" and exit window.
4. Navigate to Media Blade and select Media Center to launch program.FUTURE POSSIBILITIES?
Let me know what you guys think about these features being added in the future. Any other features you would like? Assuming anybody even wants this mod in the first place haha
- Add bookmarks to category scripts dialogs
- Add ability to use library mode with bookmarks
- Add option to link TV Shows and Movies to scripts and to have custom names
- Clean up Skin Mods Settings window
- Make custom square image icon thing for marketplace. I have almost no experience with Illustrator. If someone wants to whip up a custom icon for the Video Marketplace and it looks good, I'd be happy to include it in place of the eX button, since that's somewhat redundant, already found in the XBMC Live Place.
- Evolve into more of a "Media Marketplace" and add options for music or picture bookmarks
- Add names of current script in catalog config dialog
- Ability to automatically look in multiple places for XBMC-TV folder (probably root of E and F drives) and default to looking for bookmark if its not located in either of those places. Not sure if this is possible however, but if anybody knows how, let me know!
- Fix Launch Browser script to replace current "News Videos" button with "Music Videos" to replicate the actual 360 setup. Not sure how likely this is to happen, since I know hardly anything about python...
- Skin all default scripts to match mc360 better?KNOWN BUGS:
- Video preview doesn't fade with window changes. Not sure if this is fixable, since it does it in the video playlist window too...
- Some textures randomly disappear when watching certain video files. Help? Not sure how to fix this.
[size=5]This post has been edited by Jezz_X: Mar 22 2007, 09:14 PM