got rid of this rubber sh*t on my KA harness
cutt off the unused brackets on the trans for extra clearance
had to buy a new pedal and a "TAC" module that works with the motor setup
More work got done over the weekend, Oil oil pan was pulled off.
GM apparently decided it was a good idea to rivet the gasket to the oil pan so those had to be drilled off of the used GTO pan before we cleaned it up.
Windage tray and the new oil pickup tube bolted right up... say Hi to Joe...
however now I'm stuck on this... this is the old dip-stick hole which needs to be plugged. On newer GM vehicles they tap it and use a 1/8 NPT pipe plug. Joe and I drove around to every store in Tilton and Lowes was the only place that sold the tap, no one sold the plug. so I ordered the plug off of ebay ... after shipping I'm paying essentially $5 for a screw... waiting on that, I also picked up an in-lb torque wrench because the behemoths that I had were all too big to do internal engine stuff properly.
old cross member was pulled out too, here it is next to the new one. you can see the cut out center cross section and the engine mount humps are at a different angle (the new one is a modified RB cross member).
the new cross member is back in the car but the steering rack isn't bolted back in yet, I decided to order some steering rack bushings while it's off so I'm waiting for those.
I also got into today a bracket for the Clutch Master. This thing is f-ing slick... I don't know why I'm so excited about this little part but I am. I guess I just think it's cool that a custom part designed by some random guy looks so pro, and it was dirt cheap too, $25 shipped. I got it from Rigid over on silviav8.
I got my long-tube headers in too, I didn't get a chance to snap any picture of them though... in due time
another problem is that the placement of the GTO dip-stick it hits the back of AC compressor... I wont know how big of a problem it will be until I get the pan fully installed.
I've been working on the car regularly, the cross member has been installed with some new energy suspension bushings, I got the firewall cutout for the clutch pedal (and then sanded and painted) and the clutch pedal is installed with my snazzy adapter bracket. I can't put in the new clutch master until I get a rod and U bracket from an original 240 clutch master... I was going to grab one from Pat last Saturday but he couldn't find it
I took some measurements of dripht240's s14 pedals while I was there to get an idea of where I should cut my auto brake pedal as well as an idea of where the gas pedal should be mounted..
I discovered that Kurt is a filthy liar... (because he told me to just cut down the brake pedal instead of buying a new one) the way the S14 Auto brake pedal is designed it's impossible to cut it down and have it aligned in same spot as the brake pedal on the 5-speed... it would seem that this works on the S13 sice the arm mounts to the right hand side of the pedal on the S13 but it doesn't work on the S14 since the arm mounts to the center...
so now I need to find a new brake pedal... or at least a pedal arm to swap out... I can get a bran new one from Nissan for ~$75 which isn't TOO bad but I'd rather not spend that much if I don't have to.
I've also assembled the clutch line and the remote clutch bleeder... for reference here are the parts I used:for the Bleeder setup:
everything ordered from http://www.pegasusautoracing.com
Soft Copper Crush Washer, 3/8 inch (or 10mm) ID - 3241-3/8for the clutch line:
Male 10x1.5mm Metric Convex Seat to 4AN Male, Steel - 3265-44
18 inch Size 4 TFE Hose, Straight Swivels, Both Ends - 4-18-S-S
Female 10x1.0mm Metric Concave Seat to 4AN, Steel - 3265-19
10x1.0mm Bleeder Screw - 3266-03
Bleeder Screw Protective Cap - 3266-CAP
Brake Line, Speed-Flex, Braided Stainless Steel, 36 in., -3 AN Female, 10mm or 3/8 in. Banjo, Each - EAR-63010236ERL
Fitting, Adapter, Banjo Bolt w/Crush Washer 3/8"-24 Single, Steel, Zinc, Each - EAR-997503ERL
Adapter Fitting; Flare Clutch Fitting; AN Size -3; Male - RUS-640281
that "flare clutch fitting" was only sold in pairs costing $22 so I bought a 2nd brake line to make 2 clutch cables and I figure I'll sell the other one.
I still need to mount the clutch lines to the trans and test fit it to make sure it's hammered out enough.
I also got my dip-stick plug in and James let me borrow a tap so I'll be wrapping up the oil pan swap soon.
I've also started identifying everything on the LS1 harness and wrapping my head around that... the GM FSM BLOWS but I've got an ecu pinout and using that I've found the GM Harness WAY more easy to work with than the KA harness... so hopefully I can get the harness all squared away.
hmm what else... oh yeah I bought an energy suspension master bushing set so I'll be swapping out a bunch of that stuff while it's easy to work on/get to and I've cleaned up the engine bay a bit more.
I've been taking pictures but I haven't pulled any of them off of the camera yet..