Okay, I need everyone's opinion on whether or not I should release a new tool I have created...
This 'tool' is actually a rather complex 'Rescue Disc' for both Softmods and Modchips/TSOPs and is compatible with ALL XBOX versions (v1.0-v1.6b), and is 100% DVD based! (this means that your hard drive can be totally wiped and the Rescue Disc will still be able to function)
This is what it does:
1. XBOX boots up, insert my Rescue Disc
2. BIOS boots 'default.xbe' from the Rescue Disc (all modchips and softmods can do this)
3. 'default.xbe' is actually a modified PBL Metoo Loader that loads up a custom-made Evox M8+ BIOS, made by me to run 100% from the DVD-ROM
4. This Evox M8+ BIOS overrides the current BIOS (as PBL normally does) except instead of loading a dashboard off the hard drive, it loads the dashboard off the DVD-ROM instead. (This Evox M8+ has been customized by me to run COMPLETELY from the DVD-ROM drive, it DOES NOT rely on the hard drive to function.)
5. The dashboard it loads from the DVD-ROM is a customized version of the EvolutionX +3935 dashboard, and upon loading you will be greeted by a menu containing the following applications and features:
- DVD2XBOX File Manager (runs completely from the DVD-ROM)
- XBpartitioner (runs completely from the DVD-ROM)
- Hard Drive LOCK & UNLOCK options (standard EvolutionX lock & unlock commands)
- Built-in FTP Server (standard EvolutionX FTP server)
6. You can now choose any of those options to perform any necessary maintenance on your XBOX.
Features of my custom PBL Evox M8+ BIOS:
- Works on all XBOX versions, including v1.6!
- IGR is supported, and always returns to the EvolutionX dashboard on the Rescue Disc when used
- Allows FULL access to the C, E, F, G, X, Y, and Z drives! (it even overrides ShadowC drives used in softmods so that you can modify the contents of the REAL C drive!)
- Fully supports F & G drives
- Fully supports ALL hard drive partitioning setups, including custom partitions.
- Changes the XBOX front lights to RED to indicate that the Rescue Disc is running
Not to mention, that the ENTIRE size of the download for this disc is only a 5MB download! Yes, that's right, only 5MB in size!!! (Compressed RAR, when uncompressed you get a 1,062MB DVD image file.)
So, what do you guys think? Would anyone find my disc useful?
If you guys decide you would like me to release it, I can easily release it for download at the 'usual places'. This post has been edited by FrostyTheSnowman: May 16 2007, 06:39 PM