Alot of people who want to flash their TSOP know someone (or have themselves) a modded XBOX. I don't know why people are insistent on using the Linux Distro. You don't need to.WHAT YOU NEED
1. A Modded XBOX (For FTP Access)
2. An UnModded XBOX (Which is getting modded)
3. A Memory Card (For the 007 - Agent Under Fire Saved Game)
4. 007 - Agent Under Fire ORIGINAL DVD Game. The Platinum Version works as well. Available at Bestbuy.com
, and CompUSA
5. 007savewithraincoat.zip file from #xbins on IRC - EFNet
6. A Soldering Iron (15 Watt) from Radio Shack
or any local electronics store.
7. Solder also available at Radio Shack
or your local electronics store.
8. De-soldering Braid (in case you make a mistake)
9. A couple pieces of electrical tape to cover the surrounding area.
10. For those of you who like Slayer's EvoX Auto Installer, you can burn the image and load the dashboard that way. This is version 2.1
. Here's the link to the thread and how to obtain the image.WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO
1. Download the 007savewithraincoat.zip file from xbins.
2. Unzip the file to a TEMP folder on your Windows PC hard drive.
3. You should now have the following files in the TEMP folder:UDATA
4. If you don't want to use the linux bios, use XBTool to make a 1MB image of the Xecuter 4976.02 bios and rename it to bios.bin. THIS HAS TO BE A 1MB BIOS IMAGE FOR v1.0 and v1.1 XBOX's and 256k FOR v1.2 XBOX's!THESE XBTOOL SCREENSHOTS ARE FOR v1.0 AND v1.1 ONLY! **THE PICTURE ON THE LEFT IS THE ORIGINAL Xecuter2_4976.02_MultiVer_256k BIOS AND THE PICTURE ON THE RIGHT IS THE COLORMOD Xecuter2_4976.02_MultiVer_1024k BIOS THAT I WILL BE CREATING.
5. Delete the existing bios.bin from the 007 Raincoat Saved game and replace it with the new bios.bin that you just created. It's located in the UDATA/4541000d/000000000000/raincoat
folder in your TEMP folder.
6. FTP into your modded XBOX and copy the ENTIRE
UDATA folder from your TEMP folder to the E: Drive of the modded XBOX.
7. Load up the M$ Dashboard (on your modded XBOX)
and copy the Agent Under Fire save game onto the memory card by going to the Memory Tab on the Dashboard.
8. Take out the memory card and put it in an unmodded xbox.
9. Load up the M$ Dashboard (on your unmodded XBOX)
and copy the 007 AUF saved game to the unmodded XBOX hard drive (just like you did in #7)
10. Turn off the unmodded XBOX and solder the 2 sets of points on the motherboard. One set is on top and the other set is on bottom. Refer to this tutorial
to solder those points. They're labeled "Jumper from MCPX RD# to FLASH OE#" on the top of the motherboard
and "Jumper MCPX WR# to FLASH WE#" on the bottom of the motherboard
in the pictures. Remember to use the electrical tape to cover the surrounding area so you don't get solder all over the place (in case you have really shakey hands). This will prevent you from damaging the XBOX. You can also use the desoldering braid to pick up any excess solder.FOR v1.0 AND v1.1 XBOXES (TOP AND BOTTOM MOBO PICTURES) FOR v1.2 XBOXES (TOP AND BOTTOM MOBO PICTURES)
11. Put motherboard back into unmodded (but now jumpered) XBOX and connect everything.
12. Turn on unmodded (but now jumpered) XBOX. It should boot as if it was just bought from the store.
13. Load up 007 - Agent Under Fire. This MUST be the original DVD. Platinum version works fine as well.
14. Once the game starts, Load a Mission from the Hard Drive.
15. XBOX will go black, power light goes orange. You will also begin to hear different sounds. ================================================================================
==============BASIC NETWORKING SETUP
Go to your network properties for your network card. Click on TCP/IP and go to Properties. Instead of obtaining an IP Address Automatically, click on Specify IP Address.
Change it to 192.168.0.X where X is any number from 1 to 255 (except 64). The XBOX uses 64 so you can't. Your subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0. You can set the gateway to 192.168.0.1 if you wish. The DNS entries can remain blank.
Hit Apply and OK and you're all set.
If you're using a router, make sure DHCP is turned off within the router software. If you don't have a router, just connect the computer directly to the XBOX using a crossover cable (NOT patch cable). ================================================================================
16. Make sure your PC is on the 192.168.0.x IP Range.
17. Telnet using Windows command prompt. The command line is as follows: telnet 192.168.0.64
and then press Enter
18. Then type: root
as your username.
19. Then type: xbox
as your password.
20. Then type: cd ../../media/E/UDATA/4541000d/000000000000/raincoat
and press Enter.
21. If you want to backup your original bios, type the following command: ./raincoat -r <<bios save filename>>.bin
(Thanks to PsiDOC for the command). DO NOT SAVE IT AS BIOS.BIN BECAUSE YOU WILL OVERRIDE YOUR NEW BIOS!!
22. Then type: ./raincoat -p bios.bin
to implement the new flash.
23. You will begin to see the TSOP being erased. It will then flash the TSOP and verify.
24. YOU ARE ALL DONE!
If you have any problems (i.e. an error that states that the TSOP is read-only), you need to double check your soldering job. 99.9% says that you didn't connect the 2 points correctly. Go back and re-do it.
It works. I've done it multiple times.Remember, once you have the saved game on your memory card, you no longer need the modded XBOX. You can mod any unmodded XBOX with just the 007 Agent Under Fire game and the memory card!
I know this has been stated before, but hopefully this is a good enough break-down for all the other newbs who may have some questions.
sharpie00 This post has been edited by sharpie00: Jun 15 2003, 11:59 AM