QUOTE(HackaJack @ Sep 20 2007, 07:57 PM)
- Boot PC, wait at DOS prompt, Plug SATA cable from PC into Xbox 360 DVD
- Boot Xbox 360, wait 5 seconds
- Run mtkflash r /m orig.bin
- Choose your SATA port, mtkflash then hangs
- Press Esc, you are returned to Dos Prompt
- Run mtkflash r /m orig.bin, as you press enter Power off 360
- Choose your SATA port and Press Enter, mtkflash hangs
- Wait 10 seconds
- Power on 360, it should start reading the flash
I'm using an nforce3 motherboard (SATA1) and I've tried this bad-flash method to read the firmware but I'm having no luck... it keeps saying port: 9f0 master/slave:a0 and just freezes.
I followed the steps as you've outlined exactly. I've flashed ms25 drives before using this motherboard without any problems. What else could I be doing wrong?