Joined: 12-June 07
Member No.: 345571
With neck movement, if the pins are pressing hard enough, they could eventually drill into the contact plate. One easy way to fix that is to tin the contacts with solder. Not much, you could wipe the extra solder off with a rag while its hot. All you want is the "silver" covering the contacts.
In order to avoid future problems like that, I just went ahead and made my own guitar, no strum bar, no fret buttons. But 6 strings, Oh yeah!
Joined: 29-January 05
Member No.: 193298
QUOTE(Birdy2k2 @ Nov 15 2007, 11:47 PM)
I haven't been able to fix the Yellow Button coming on when I down-strum Green+Red. So I'm at a loss there.
Mine does the same thing and then when I hold blue+yellow I have to strum up as well. local store keeps putting me off since they don't have any guitars. also there are 2 other combinations, when I hold down 2 buttons they don't strum at all but all buttons by themselves work fine, I'm at work right now and I can't remember what all my faulty combinations are, our problem seems a little different than the others. I know on scorehero they have a whole lespaul problem thread but I've seen nothing to help people with our problem. If you figure anything out please post I will as well.
Joined: 15-December 07
Member No.: 366555
Has anyone having the RGY issue had any luck with a fix? I don't have a torx bit small enough, so I'm off to find a set somewhere and am going to try both this fix or the fix for scraping away solder from the contacts for the buttons? The only place I could find GH3 was the Red Octane site, so now to use the warranty I get to pay for shipping and wait a month so they can ship me another cruddy guitar that won't work. Thanks fellas.
Joined: 24-December 07
Member No.: 367531
I am currently going the step forward and removing both circuit boards that complete the connection process.
I opened up the body of the guitar, and then the neck. You'll find a circuit board similar to that found on the neck for the body.
I just cut the circuit boards off, after tracing the leads in the circuitry to match up which wire goes to which and then marked accordingly.
So then I just stripped each wire after pulling them apart from the ribbon form to make it easier, and soldered and taped them off. I ran into a successful ending, except I have lost response for the blue and yellow buttons, which I am going to work on later when I have time. But yeah, this also works if you want to just make sure it is a no-fail direct connection from button to wireless transmitter.
I think that the whole detachable neck thing is personally a bad idea. It's not like people will necessarily do it, I could see if the guitar was much bigger, then it would need that option possibly, but with a small guitar, I think it was a rushed end-development decision that needed to be thought through a lot more.
But yeah I might post pictures of the end result once I figure out why two of the eight wires aren't fully going through.
Joined: 30-April 04
Member No.: 117327
Xbox Version: v1.4
This worked well for me, thanks! The neck is now VERY tightly coupled with the body of the guitar; I had to push pretty hard to get it to snap in. However, I don't plan on taking the neck off much (or, ever, actually), so it's not a big deal.