QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jun 26 2008, 03:36 AM)
madmab asked the question. And he answered it himself. He got Bounty Bob Strikes Back working, and he made the Atari emu that plays 5200 games one of the most impressive XPORT emus because of the unique feature he added which lets you select the numpad buttons on the 5200 controllers by pressing the left joystick down.
Here's the problems I got with Atari 7800:
1. Tower Toppler doesn't work at all.
2. Xenophobe works but there is alkward flashing making it unenjoyable.
3. Kung Fu Masters has weird graphical glitches.
Well ultimately that has been my goal with the emulators I plan on working. Making them far more accessible to the massess. Unfortunately it takes alot of time and work. The Bounty Bob Strikes Back fix actually came about from a casual statement made by someone over on another forum.
So it was just a case of being in the right place at the right time.
That being said...
1. Set the difficulty switches to hard (I think it is the player 2 switch you want) and the game will work.
2. a7800x (aka mess) ruins this game in order to fix several other games. Even with it changed back the game is still a little quirky.
3. Same issue as number 2.
Ultimately it's timing issues related to DMA conflicts, ROM reads, and other junk the 7800 does. One on One, another game that has issues, best I can tell uses software loops which means the emulators have MAJOR issues when it comes to cycle exact timing.
So anyways until some genius comes along unfortunately those games wont be very playable. Unless prosystem happens to get converted over to the xbox...