A reply from another thread.....
QUOTE(weinerschnitzel @ Oct 30 2011, 08:54 PM)
I must say that people have just become short with you. I have always thought you were a bit narcissistic, but I was more tolerant of you when you were bundling all that media. I do appreciate your efforts, but your rants are just getting on people's nerves.
Calling your bundled collection after yourself said something, then coming back and complaining about how you didn't get enough "glory" or "appreciation" confirms any impression.
I value Likklebaer's opinion. Try looking at things from the eyes of those that "betrayed" you. If you see that it was never about you to them, or to anyone else, maybe we can get back on the same page.
...So how about that PCSXbox?
Everyone was more tolerant of me when I was serving them......
Screw people's nerves.
Let me give you a rundown about how much work was done here on my watch, by me....
1. I tested every game included at least to the point that I could make my own Title/Action shots.
2. Every game included for every system has a synopsis file. Nearly 2,000 of these were hand typed by me from the back of the boxes of games since nothing existed online. This is especially true for Atari games. At one point I was asking other people for help, but truth be told, it was taking more time for me to edit trusted sources than it was for me to do it all myself. In the end, I'm sure that was at least 8 months of 40 hour weeks on my part to complete and document.
3. Many of the boxarts were from existing sources, but nearly half of them couldn't be found or at least in good shape. Thousands of boxarts were shoddy. Particularly the Japanese and other foreign releases. Sometimes it took me a day to find a boxart for a game with searches, rather than using a generic boxart. They may have had evidence of abuse or price stickers on them or prices written on them in magic marker. I single-handedly "fixed" all of these for release.
4. Box/Cart/CD art was not always easy to come by before I was here. I easily spent 3 months of my life working 40 hours a week corralling as many official images as I could find.
5. Generic Boxart..... Something I know for a fact people take for granted. Gilles stepped up to the plate and made my dreams come true here. I have a thread on XScene detailing my desires for such images and for all systems I've included, he made some bad ass images to bring boxarts to all hacks, translations, prototypes and other games that wouldn't have one otherwise.
6. Yes, videos were made before I came here, and yes, NES6???? gave me the idea..... but I ran with it...... like nobody else would have. I had many people making vidoes for the project, but Horscht was the first for SNES and MM? and Stupot were the major contributors for many systems after that.
YOu all don't get it......
Yes.... I don't currently know how to code.
Yes.... I did work that anyone could do.... that nobody would want to do....
But seriously look at the awesome machine you have before you. Ask yourself how it really got there.
Without trying to take anything away from Madmab or Gilles, who I love to this day, how many ideas would not have been accomplished had I not been suggesting them for the emulators and skins?
Nobody had a bitch or gripe about my OCD while I was contributing.....
And yet today. nobody gives a F about the work I've done and they say that all I've done is steal and call it my own.
The truth is, there was a lot of great stuff out there.
I made it MUCH better.
If you don't recognize that today, you will down the road.
At the very least, I call this my retirement project. I plan on retiring at 40, so that gives you all 8 years to prove you don't need me to clean house.
Nobody gives a flying "F" about how I feel about all of this.
So Here I Am.....
The reciprocal of the status quo.....