XBMC for Xbox (XboxMediaCenter) SVN rev15805 build (Atlantis Beta2) of October 06th 2008 compiled by T3CH
This is a complete snapshot of what was in SVN at the time the build was compiled, with just a few small additions:
+ Team Razorfish's MediaStream skin 0.94 [skin/MediaStream]
+ Killarny & Nuka1195 & Pike's Apple Movie Trailers (AMT) SVN pre-0.99.7.1 rev2363 [scripts/Apple Movie Trailers]
+ Team XBMC Lyrics 1.6.0 rev2266 SCRIPT [scripts/XBMC Lyrics]
+ Asteron's Tetris 1.1 SCRIPT [scripts/Tetris]
+ BigBellyBilly's T3CH Upgrader 1.7 SCRIPT [scripts/T3CH Upgrader]
+ Nuka1195's XBMC-Addons Installer 1.2c PLUGIN [plugins/programs/]
+ Codecs for mplayer [/system/players/mplayer/codecs/*]Special Note From T3CH:
NOTEWORTHY, XML and SCRIPT CHANGES IN THIS BUILD:
* Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to wait for Beta 2 to be tagged before I made this release.
* Team Razorfish's MediaStream skin updated to 0.94 see: http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38504
, AMT upgraded to 0.99.7.1
* From Team XBMC
about the Atlantis Beta2 release:
Team-XBMC is proud to announce the second cross-platform Beta version of XBMC Media Center for Linux, Mac OS X (Leopard, Tiger, and Apple TV), Windows, and Xbox, in preparation for the upcoming point release of XBMC, code named ‘Atlantis‘.
New in this release is multi-core video decoding for Windows users, courtesy of a rebuilt FFmpeg by WiSo and AreaScout, and XBMC now runs on the Apple TV via the easy to use USB installer created by Scott Davilla. We have also updated the skins (PM3.HD, Project Mayhem III, and MediaStream by Team Razorfish) to their latest versions.
With almost 80 tickets closed, and close to 200 commits to SVN since Beta 1 was released, Beta 2 represents a clear step forward in terms of stability. Thanks to all in the community who have made this possible by reporting bugs and suggesting improvements!
* I will no longer include the Win32.exe that was only meant as a skinning and python development tool. Instead I suggest you use the WIN32/SDL version based on linuxport branch. You can find more info about it here
(see the sticky for download).
* If you want to report bugs, please do it the PROPER way, see http://xbmc.org/wiki/index....oper_Bug_Report
Here is the FULL changelog
since the September 19th 2008 SVN Rev15640 (atlantis Beta1) Build
(last one posted on xbox-scene):
INSTALL NOTES from T3CH readme/nfo:
2008-10-05 15805 merged: Linuxport changes through to revision 15804.
2008-10-01 15728 fixed: Ticket #4949 - Music Playback not stopped correctly.
2008-10-01 15724 merged: Linuxport changes to rev 15723.
INFORMATION from T3CH readme/nfo:
* APPLICATION INSTALL
- Fresh Install: Transfer _whole_ XBMC folder to your APPS folder (or where you want it).
- Upgrade: Backup the XBMC\UserData folder. Transfer whole XBMC folder to Xbox. Overwrite UserData folder with your backed up copy.
* DASHBOARD INSTALL (SOFTMODS)
ARE NOT COVERED IN THIS README, SEE http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=406656
* DASHBOARD INSTALL
- Option 1. Team XBMC's shortcut tool.
It's included in the _tools folder as <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>> + <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg>>.
Instructions here: http://xbmc.org/wiki/index....=As_a_Dashboard
Rename the <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>>+.cfg & also EDIT the .cfg so it matches your config.
See APPLICATION INSTALL above.
- Option 2. Thanks to an app called 'Team UIX's Xbe Shortcut Maker v1.0' by JbOnE, it's now easy...
Transfer contents of XBMC folder (this is VERY important since the tool is hardcoded) TO "E:\APPS\XBMC\". Rename <<SHORTCUT by TEAM UIX.xbe>> to something your bios can boot (see http://xbmc.org/wiki/index....=As_a_Dashboard
or read your BIOS README) and transfer to location your mod solution boots. No need to fiddle with HOME tag anymore, and future upgrades you need not to worry about this file (unless you move XBMC).
* AN INTRODUCTION TO PLUGINS
XBMC has a system for Media plugins to allow browsing of remote content (Internet) using the regular filesystem approach.
Plugins are put inside >>XBMC/plugins/<video/music/pictures>/<< (I already do this for the one/s I include), furthermore they also need to be installed as a source in (video/music/pictures).
You do this install by using the contextmenu choice >>Add New Source<< while in ROOT list and then choosing ***Plugins as source.
Then you highlight (not select) the folder of the plugin you want to install. It will be saved inside sources.xml for future.
* WIN32 PC ENVIRONMENT INSTRUCTIONS (WIN32 FOLDER)
Good to know, this requires DirectX9 Runtimes to be installed. Also this doesn't work with all graphics cards.
You need to:
- Copy XBMC_PC.exe & 'run_me_first.bat' from win32 to XBMC folder
- Run 'run_me_first.bat'
- Run XBMC_PC.exe
* UPGRADE TIPS
If you're updating from a VERY old/bad build you may get issues. Follow these simple rules:
- Replace (FTP OVERWRITE) all files in your XBMC folder with fresh ones from your new build
- Delete old settings (from UserData/guisettings.xml)
- In some rare cases some of the database files in UserData/Database/*.db may need manual deletion (usually if they are very old). Note: This loses all per file settings you made with the old build!
Official XBMC Website
XBMC's online manual can be found at http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Main_Page
Any questions or support issues, are best asked in the XBMC support forums, which are located at http://xbmc.org/forum/
, or in the official IRC support channel, #XBMC on Freenode IRC network (irc.freenode.net). (NOTE folks in #XBMC can't help with info where to find builds)
If you want other scripts (extra 3rd party components), see
or use the included script installer!
If you want trainers, grab them at
The xbe has been retail patched and was built using v5849 of the XDK.
If you want to remove the startup logo, remove splash.png from the \media folder.
If you want to remove the startup sound, remove start.wav from the \skin\Project Mayhem III\sounds\ folder.
XBMC Changelog is included, see Changelog.txt
: http://xbmc.orgOfficial T3CH Website