QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Nov 5 2008, 02:25 PM)
again, youre confused... 'taxing the rich and giving to the poor' != socialism... again, i ask yo to look it up...
Maybe you are confused. Maybe you don't see it as an attempt to eliminate the lower class. If you think it's not socialism, then give me a better word. It's not making everyone equal, sure. But if you've got a better word then let's have it.
Here is a list of Obama’s 7 proposed tax credits:
“- A $500 tax credit ($1,000 a couple) to “make work pay” that phases out at income of $75,000 for individuals and $150,000 per couple.
- A $4,000 tax credit for college tuition.
- A 10% mortgage interest tax credit (on top of the existing mortgage interest deduction and other housing subsidies).
- A “savings” tax credit of 50% up to $1,000.
- An expansion of the earned-income tax credit that would allow single workers to receive as much as $555 a year, up from $175 now, and give these workers up to $1,110 if they are paying child support.
- A child care credit of 50% up to $6,000 of expenses a year.
- A “clean car” tax credit of up to $7,000 on the purchase of certain vehicles.”
Now...These are are new plans and new numbers. If taxes are raised on just the rich, then guess where the money to pay for all of this is coming from? If he also wants to use that money for debt then that's worse...Because the amount he wants to raise taxes won't even pay for all of those plans...The math doesn't work.