QUOTE(vitorbiouerj @ Jul 21 2010, 12:29 AM)
1- actuality in theory, itīs possible making a men-in-the-middle attack to bypass this limit, isn't easy, but is one of the ideias
2- people said it's nearly impossible hack a 1024bit encryption in OpenSSL, but in may, an article produce by some MIT students demonstrate this was wrong. They underclock the server, generate a minimum corrupt bits in the private key, and after 100h they hack the key. They also explain this method works in EVERY Public-Private key encryption systems, so isn't impossible either, just very hard to get the m$ private key... I only agree whit you in the question about the front page news...
3- Yes, I know I'm stupid for update my system, just like a thousand others. I'm just trying to get the knowledge to undo this, and maybe work with some friends (that also have update they consoles) to resolve at least this problem... We don't wanna run emulators or others things, just play online without live...
4- In my country, this console is very expensive, in a store they are sale about R$800-900 the old one (arcade), and R$1200-1500 the slim. And the major of population gain something between R$500-2000/month. And a jtag console is sale for the same price of slim version, and they are rare AND I don't find only one with a second NAND for running the freeboot... And the was more difficult find someone capable of jtagging than find a jtag console for sale. And recently I have to bought another console, because my old one fries, and it came from the store with the kernel 8499 and in the internal memory the update for 9199... And talking with the vendors, no one sale the console with the dash 7XXX, or even one console produce before 06/2009
5- Knowing how this work, it's more easy to understanding how/what:
a) an xbox find another in the intranet;
the xbox make the connection
c) the connection still alive
d) is the elements contain in the key exchange, and they functions
6- I have a strange sensation of you thing I'm crying like a little children about my non-jatggeble xbox, and how I wanna play online, but I don't. I just trying find help/ideas/information to a least try something, and make some useful for the crescent number of players unable to play at live OR without a jtaggable console AND without the knowledge or the capacity to do something about it...
1. So what's your theory of how an unmodded 360 would be able to communicate with a pc program that can manipulate the 360's ping function (without breaking signatures on the files that would be manipulated on the 360) with no type of modification? If this was ever possible, don't you think someone would have mentioned it by now?
2. Even if someone found a way to get cpu keys from updated systems (which hackers that are involved with the 360 say can't be done), how do you suppose you get around the fact that efuses have been physically destroyed and there is no realistic way of accessing/repairing them?
3. you don't need a jtagged system/ping patch to host a game on xlink.
4. thats unfortunate
5. im not calling you a child or anything, i'm just saying you are waiting on a pipe dream. There's been 1 hack/exploit discovered in all of this time and now all ways to access that exploit have been closed.
6. Many people on many threads post the same "it must be possible" type stuff and it just gets a little old. If the xbox gods find a way to do the type of thing you are asking, they will reveal how to do it.
PS. A word of advise: don't hijack threads asking how to get things to work on your nonjtagged/dev kit 360 when the post is clearly aimed at those with jtagged/dev kit 360s. It's just a waste of thread space.