QUOTE(CarpeDiem0 @ Apr 27 2012, 10:03 PM)
Did you actually verify that PortIO is running at JF startup?
1. Ensure ACHI and RAID are disabled in BIOS. Native IDE is ok.
2. Use Primary Master SATA (usually sata1 or 0 (lowest#) port). Each port is labeled on the mobo. If your system HDD is in the lowest one, move it.
3. Ensure "Include non-IDE" is ticked, and "VIA only" is unticked in JF
4. Scroll thru your I/O ports and note the port that the drive is on
1. Nothing under Native or Legacy
2. Tried all 6 ports
3. Done and done
4. Nothing on I/O ports except for IDE controller device