Can't edit anymore...
Is this a viable solution
"02/22/06 WD80EB - I've received this solution many times over the last year or so with reports of it working increasing I have to list it as a solution even though I have been unsuccessful in making it work. Thomas has submitted this solution with a more descriptive step 6 and 7 that make the difference!
1. Connect the hard drive as primary master (remove the jumper)
2. Create a bootable floppy with ATAPWD.EXE on it.
3. Boot from the floppy and launch ATAPWD.EXE select the WD80EB drive and press enter.
4. Select ERASE PREPARE and then ERASE UNIT.
5. Enter the master password: WDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWD
6. It will give you a Busy error, that means it is erasing the drive so please dont turn off the computer.
7. After 30min press F5 to refresh the list and you will see that the drive has become unlocked
And since it should be unlocked that way can I then use xboxhdm2.2
^ That seems to be a big NOPE. After doing that and using xboxhdm2.2 I got an error code 5 with a game inserted and error code 13 without a game inserted. Yummy.This post has been edited by theneighborrkid: May 15 2012, 09:43 AM