QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Jul 27 2012, 10:47 PM)
1. You don't need a soldering iron to build an eeprom reader: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=645714
2. Did you try "Rebuild a new Xbox HD from scratch" option in hdm? The files for E partition for the softmod can be extracted from HeXEn disc.
3. What led to the conclusion there are bad sectors?
2) Yeah, it kept saying "Hard drive is not locked but locking is enabled, press any key to exit" and just hung there. I attempted to rewrite the FATX partition table and nothing really worked. :/
3) Tried writing a file to it using the hotswap method and while it worked to a point it kept failing at a certain cluster. I was just preparing files to mod it if I ever got bored. Then I decided since it's a bad cluster (seems to be FATX speak for failing sectors.
that I would just mod it.)