AdamX Colecovision / Adam Emulator for Xbox v6
"Lock free.. like it should be!"
"Always looking for new stuff rather than being satisfied with what is there"http://xport.xbox-scene.comhttp://www.emuxtras.net
First off... "You must have at least ONE rom for our emulator to work. Really... how else are you gonna play you silly wabbit?". Changes To AdamX Core
- No new core updates exist. This is just an update to the latest Madmab Edition interface and features.
* Added a "per game" autoload save state option. Options are "No, 1-10, Most Recent".
* Game selectable video mode so you can use the interface (game select) at 720p or 1080i and have games run in another video mode. "In Game Menu" video mode will match the one the game is set for except for the media browser which will change to match the video mode used outside of the game.Interface Related Changes
* Fixed an issue where changing the "Samba Nameserver" would also ask you for the "Relax Share Name" when you were done.
* Improved game preview network streaming. I like to call it "pseudo-streaming" so streaming game previews off a network should be ALOT smoother now.
* "Pseudo Streaming" defaults to off. So if you want to turn it on go into "Screenshot/Movie Preview Settings" and turn it on. I'm doing this until I get more feedback concerning the performance of it.
* Removed pop-up that says "Select The Cheatcode File You Wish To Use." per Dominater01's request.
* Cheatcode files now looked for in "Cheats" directory (don't forget to move them there guys!). (Pcsxbox only).
* The two Preset Controller menu options have been moved to the "controller configuration" menu. I did this cause several emu's use this feature now and to help reduce clutter in the in-game menu.
* Fixed blank pop-up message when trying to display the cheat codes when there are none.
* Fixed issues where media would not display when a directory with a period in it was highlighted.
* Added option to "Refresh DVD Drive". It is currently in the "Utilities Menu"
* Finally added option to "Shutdown Xbox". It is currently in the "Main Menu" however I have my reservations about it's location. I'd prefer to have it in the "Utilities Menu"
* Partial >4096 file support put in. If you have more than 4096 title or action shots put them in a directory named "action01" and "titles01".
* Checks put into the cheatcode database checker to let you know if the file is to big or has too many game entries and needs to be split up.
* Gilou9999's HD Colour skins should work properly now (no weird hacks). Be sure to at least copy over the "settings.ini" files in the skin directory and the skin "configurations" directories and "reload the skin".
* Added new skin transition option "none". Real handy for skins like Gilou9999's that uses the HD sprite trick.
* Windows 7 users should have no more weird issues on samba shares! Woohoo! Thank you YRUSirius for pointing out the available patch and Buzz for creating that patch.
* Fixed issue where emulator menu video mode was reverting to last played games video mode in emu's that support game specific video modes.
* Added in a feature "Sprites Used As Background? Yes/No" to allow the use of "sprites" as the background. Setting this to "Yes" allows the game screenshot to be seen in the IGM as well as the savestate screenshots in the select state menu. However skin designers keep in mind the more memory your skin uses the less room that leaves for me to add new features. Things are tight enough as it is.
* Fixed an issue where the synopsis was not always displaying for an unzipped file.
* Fixed a weird issue where if you are missing the "Title" or "Action" directory/picture for a game it would not be displayed correctly in the gameselect or favorites screen.
* Synopsis screen transition now works like it is supposed to.
* Fixed an issue where the preset controller settings were not saved properly (sorry guys.
). This only effects certain emus with preset controller definitions.
* Synopsis code completely rewritten to support the new synopsis format. Old synopsis.txt file is now officially defunct!
* Another new option "Use Default Emu Filter?". This will apply a preset filter custom designed for each emu core. It is also used internally by the synopsis code so user interaction is not required in some cases (like when a .zip file contains NFO or text file).
* modified L/R file scrolling so it doesnt kick off the movie so quickly. Hopefully this will fix interference from movies being accessed from a samba or relax share.
* Fixed long standing issue with "Autoload last savestate" where it could potentially pick the wrong savestate. Of course it also helps to make sure your xbox date is set correctly.
* Now have the ability to display long names for games. This currently relies on having Xtras ROM files. In the future I will be providing other options.
* Fixed issue where emu would lock up if the media directory path was longer that 36 characters. (Thanks to those who reported it and AMOC for testing for me)
* Fixed issue where emulator would lock up in favorites menu if you start removing games from the bottom up ..
* Fixed issue with wacky numbers when trying to adjust the volumes while in the IGM.
* Fixed issue where Popup msg window was messing up transitions.
* Screen size and position settings werent always being restored properly this primarily affected emu's that use preset controllers and in particular games defined as using a particular preset controller.
* File select now has the ability to filter extensions. That way if you have movie (smv) and patch files (ips/ups) in the zip file you wont see those when simply selecting a game to play. Same goes for movie selection and patch files. Only relevant files are seen. If only one match is found with the extension filter it will simply unzip that file.
* Set Game Screen Size/Position now has the same options as "Override Game Screen Size (Global)". So you can use these when setting Game Screen Size position in game or from the main menu.
* Tweaked the synopsis word wrap so the left/right margins are a little more even.
* Fixed Screenblur when displaying on screen keyboard. For good this time..
(For emu's that use it)
* Modified many menus so while in IGM only relevant menu's are displayed. (Too many to mention)
* New filename sort code. Filenames should sort properly. No more need to add a I, II, or III to filenames to get them to sort right!
* Fixed bug where viewing the synopsis in the in-game menu, and then going back to the favorites list could cause a crash.
* New Dummy/Lockdown Mode Settings.. see below for more information.
* Now only displays valid available video modes (set in dash) in the "Video Mode" select screen.
* "Lock Game Screen Size For All Games" added. Options are "Full screen" ( +/- 20 or so on top/bottom/left/right of screen), "Size To Fit (Keep Aspect Ratio)", "Accurate Screen Pixel Ratio", "Custom Size".
* The interface now keeps track of all screen size settings for all video modes. This is for all individual games. It will also auto adjust the size for all video modes if "Override Game Screen" is activated in some form. This also opens up the possibility of allowing different video modes for different games.
* Minimum sound volume bumped up to something more reasonable. That way if you do accidently lower the volume it wont take as long to get it back.
* Media browser will properly back out now if you are in a ZIP file and press B to exit out.
* Numerous fixes to prevent controller button presses from making their way back to the game when you are done (still needs some work)
* Fixed lockup when viewing a certain number of FAQs or the same FAQ several times. Stupid me forgot to dealloc the buffer after exiting.
* Fixed lockup that would occur when you tried to edit an action replay cheat code.
* Fixed problem where you could get stuck in the media browser and not get out (happened when you had media browser mapped to a controller button)
* Remove all the annoying questions when you switch to 480p and higher video modes. X-port code has detected and auto switched to lower resolutions for some time now. If someone could verify this for me just to be sure.
* Modified the media browser so that when viewing images (e.g. manuals or maps) that it will try reverting to 480p in order to view the manual if it will not load if you are at 720p or higher.
* Synopsis now displays properly in the "In game menu"
* Controller presses are cleared on savestate load/save that way nothing will accidently happen when you go back to the game (used for show savestate screen = yes)
* Loop movies option (Yes/No) added.
* Fixed issue with wrong screen coming up when "Always display save state menu" is set to yes.
* Code for "action lists" mostly done.
* Improved the screenshot, box/cart art, and movie streaming to make browsing games a little smoother.
* Fixed a long standing bug in the favorites system. This one goes waaaaay back.
* Emulator should now work with 1.6 Xbox's super big thanks to FreakDave. 1.6 users let me know how this works for you.
* Fixed a problem where the media directory selected by the user replaced the wrong media directory. Again. Double Doi on me!
* Fixed the problem where the wrong synopsis description was showing when selecting a game in the favorites menu.
* Fixed odd bug where the opening movie and movies played full screen in the media browser would not display properly at 1080i
* Fixed a couple goofs that prevented loading ROMS over a samba share.
* "Move Selected to the Garbage Folder?" now has a new option.. "Never Move". So "Yes" will ask before moving the selected file to the Garbage folder. "No" will just move the file and "Never Move" won't move the file at all.
* Pick -1 on "Seconds before playing movie" to set to 0 seconds. 0 will equal half a second.. 1 one second, and so on.
* User can now select which "cheat code database" they wan't to load since it seemed silly to mix the many AR and GG codes into one file for Snes9xbox.
* Select file function now has an option to not display directories. First menu to use this is the cheat code database select screen.
* Pressing the back key while viewing a games synopsis will toggle between a fixed font and the skins proportional font.
* Fixed long standing bug of YesNo Menu pop-up graphic not centering properly.Dummy/Lockdown Mode Settings
This is a new feature which means lots of changes in regards to the menu interface and a bunch of internal stuff.
There is a new menu option in the "Configuration" screen called "Dummy/Lockdown Mode Settings" menu options in this screen are.
"Full Fledged Lock Down Mode?" (Yes/No)
-> This activates all options and sets them all to Yes or if they are on it will deactivate them and set them all to No.
"Password Protect?" (No, Configuration Only, Skin Menu Only, Configuration & Skin Menu)
-> Password is 10 buttons presses max. Acceptable buttons are A, B, X, Y, WHITE, BLACK, BACK, Dpad Up, Dpad Down, Dpad Left, Dpad Right, L3 and R3. Password is stored (non encrypted) in the .ini file for those of you who set it and forgot what it is. It even has a nice key to tell you what the characters mean..
-> Why change or set the password of course!
"Change/Set In Game mapping useage prevention"
-> This allows you to deactivate in game mapping settings that may be defined in a games controller settings. This will also disable any related "In Game Menu" options. See below for the list.
"Prevent user from adding/removing favorites?" (Yes/No)
-> If you dont like people mucking around with your favorites list on the game select or favorites menu, set this to Yes.
"Prevent removal of save configuration files?" (Yes/No)
-> Keeps people from pressing black and erasing all your hard work configuring games.
"Prevent user from pressing X to configure game?" (Yes/No)
-> Keeps people from going in and mucking up your wonderful game configuration setup that you spent hours tweaking.
"Ask Before Moving to Garbage Dir?" (Yes/No)
-> Same as before.. just moved here and removed from the general settings menu.
"Keep user Within ROM Directory Tree?" (Yes/No)
-> Same as before.. just moved here and removed from the general settings menu.
"Allow Skin Access" - (Full Access, Select Skin & Load Configuration Only, No Access PERIOD!)
-> This will allow you to limit the user to just selecting the skin or skin configurations. Slight overlap with the password protect option.
"Lockout In Game Menu (Hold Back To Exit Game)" (Yes/No)
-> Wanna keep the user out of the In Game Menu? This option is for you! Gamer needs to only hold "BACK" down for 4 seconds to exit the game.In Game mapping usage prevention
This allows you to deactivate in game mapping settings that may be defined in a games controller settings. It's use should be pretty obvious. This will also disable any related "In Game Menu" options.
"Prevent All On List?" (Yes/No)
"Prevent in game Sfx Volume Adjustment?" (Yes/No)
"Prevent in game Bgm Volume Adjustment?" (Yes/No)
"Prevent in game Rewind and Rewind Toggling?" (Yes/No)
"Prevent in game Fast Forward?" (Yes/No)
"Prevent in game Slowdown?" (Yes/No)
"Prevent in game Save/Load/Save State Slot Changing?" (Yes/No)
"Prevent in game Screenshots?" (Yes/No)
"Prevent in game Auto-Screenshot Capture Mode?" (Yes/No)
"Prevent in game Filter Changing?" (Yes/No)
"Prevent in game Music Control Menu Use?" (Yes/No)
"Prevent in game Playback and Recording?" (Yes/No)
"Prevent in game Media Browser Useage?" (Yes/No)New SAMBA code
* Old SAMBA library replaced. You should now have more luck connecting to your SAMBA shares (including a NAS). Especially shares with passwords which NEVER worked under the old code.
* Renamed "Enter Samba Share Name" to "Enter Root Samba Share Name" since it acts more as a shortcut now that you can "Browse" SMB shares.
* "Samba Server Name" doesn't really serve any purpose at the moment but I left it in there just in case.
* SMB shares can now be browsed. As a result how you use Samba shares has changed slightly... Try these steps..
1) Clear out your "Samba Share Name"
2) Use either the ROM browser or the "Change default directories" to browse to your share (Press "Y" until you see the drive list and select "SMB:\\").
3) If it doesn't work, try it again a couple times. For some silly reason sometimes it times out.
4) If the emu thinks your share needs a password a window will pop-up asking you if you want to enter in a username and password. Enter it as "username:password".
5) As a result of this change you can set all your definable directories to any share with any password.
6) If for some reason browsing doesn't work try entering your Samba server name in the "Enter Root Samba Share Name" under "Network/Netplay Options" format is "smb://servername_or_ip/sharename" or "smb://username:password@servername_or_ip/sharename" if the share is password protected. Browsing once within a share is much more reliable.
7) If you enter anything into the "Root Samba Share Name" then you are stuck with that and cant use other servers for media streaming unless they are on Relax.
8) If steps 1-5 don't work for you but step 6 works you might wanna consider deleting your emu_name.ini file in the SAVES directory. I was told by one user that this cleared up his problem.
* Some suggestions if you decide to "stream" stuff over the network.
1) Try splitting the workload. Setup a Relax and Samba share (or even seperate servers) and divy up the workload. They both have seperate cache's so it's more efficient.
2) Roms, Screenshots, Box/Cart art, Manuals, Commercials, and the like are great candidates for streaming.
3) If you do stream Screenshots and Box/Cart art set the timers a little higher and not the same. For example 5 seconds on screenshots, 10 on Box/Cart art. Or just set them to 0 (manual advance).
4) Streaming movies really depends on how good of a network you have For example streaming movies over a wireless network aint gonna be so hot. To me relax seems faster but that may have changed with the new SMB code. You might also wanna consider bumping up the movie delay a couple seconds.
An example of how I have mine set up. Screenshots and Box/Cart art on the xbox 5/10 sec delay respectivaly (or 0). GameFaqs, VGMaps, etc on xbox. Movies on Relax share to computer connected to my Xbox (1-2 sec delay). ROMs on a Samba share to my NAS, as well as all of the commercials and manuals.
The possibilities are endless. Experimentation is worthwhile. Or you could just slap a super big hard drive in your Xbox and forget all this silliness. To Do For AdamX
- None ATM.Special thanks
X-port for porting a great collection of emu's over to the xbox, releasing the source code, and answering my stupid questions.
Atariage (Albert in particular) - For providing a place for me to ramble on. For encouragement in general.
Wimpy & Perr - For providing me even a better place for me to ramble on.
Wimpy for all the cool online synopsis tools and for listening to my requests for features. Hopefully some good stuff will be coming in the future!
Surreal CE team - Just because they are cool!
Gilou9999 for new COLOUR SD and HDTV skins, synopsis, suggestions, rumble codes, etc.
Cospefogo for the onscreen keyboard used by AdamX. Frank Morris for fixing the minor spelling error in the onscreen keyboard.
jamahowal for some neat Adam images.
Guybird for the "Button List" concept/idea and waal for the "Popup Action List" idea.
Shout out to Hyper_Eye, SPPV, hcf, A600, Destronger, +T+, Neobomb, incrediclint, YRUSirius, Surreal CE team and all those who are honourable and keep the xbox-scene alive.
Comments of support from various interested parties.
If I missed anybody shoot me an email and I'll update this file.
Download can be found in the usual places...