Good Afternoon All -
I recently came across this tutorial
and decided to give it a shot. Unfortunatly, I'm having an issue where I can't restore my original data onto the new drive. Below is what I did and the current state. Please let me know what you think needs to be done:What I DidAll steps performed on a workstation with fresh install of Windows 7 x64
1. Bought a new WD 2.5" drive which I thought would work: Western Digital WD3200BEVT Blue Series 320gb
2. Created bootable USB drive and flashed the hddss.bin for the 320gb drives. It did give message, but proceeded anyways. Port was not in AHCI mode
3. Connected new drive to xbox 360, booted up, and was able to format drive (after entering serial #)
4. Attached original Xbox Drive (Fujitsu MHW2120BH 120gb) to sata port and booted up
5. Started Xplorer360 (beta 6) Accessed the old drive, backed up partition 2, also backed up some files from partition 3 - shut down
6. Swapped drives putting in freshly xbox formatted in and booted up
7. Started Xplorer (320gb version) - When I went to open drive, it gave error saying it "Cannot Find a FATX drive to open"
Yes, I ran Xplorer as admin and even tried compatibility mode as well as different versions I found of Xplorer360 - all gave the same error.
I found and tried the app Xport360. This found and read both drives so I did the same process above with it. With it, I"ve gotten as far as getting the new folders onto the new drive - but - when I put it in the Xbox and boot up, I don't see the data. I have verified that the data copied and the Xbox does see the hard drive, but shows zeros next to all of it's categories.
I thought I'd just put the old drive in and copy save games to flash drive via xbox console - but when I do, The xbox doesn't recognize the old hard drive!
I really don't care about anything but my save games. Any way to get them back? I've searched all over the place for answers!
What can I do to fix this? Thanks!