Ok there seems to be some interest in this so I thought I would give you guys a staus update:
All install/removal scripts work, but need some polishing. They do not provide any display at all, so you won't know if somthing goes wrong. I would like to update them to at least give an error message if something fails.
I have not yet completed the stub program mentioned above, but it should be done soon. Usage would be something like:
1. Rename the games default.xbe to orig.xbe.
2. put my stub default XBE in it's place.
3. Optionally use a tool to change the name of the new default.xbe so it shows up in the evox menu as something other than "Morden's Stub Program"
When you run your game from the evox menu, it will call the stub. This will copy over the DB containing your music if needed, then launch the game.
In addition, I am trying to write another stub that will load before your dashboard to copy the hacked DB back automatically when you are done playing your game and you return to the dash using IGR or a homebrews "return to dash" feature. (I don't even know if you can do this... It may be a pipe dream)
1. Sometimes the IGR and "return to dash" fails, nothing I can do to prevent it. When this happens you will be left with whatever DB was loaded. If it was the Music DB, you will need to use the gamesave to put the hacked DB back. Not a big deal but annoying.
2. It will only work with Evox right now. I am new to C++ programing so took the easy way out (translated: lazy). In the future I will try to make it configurable so it can work with whatever you want to use.
3. And as noted above you will need an original game (007, MA) to load the gamesave (DUH!)
If you're not scared off yet, keep reading.
I have no way to distribute this. It is about 5 meg right now so too big for email and such. I don't think I can put it on "the usual places" as they have been pulling a lot of stuff for legal reasons (that and they haven't returned my emails.
Also, I do not have 007, so cannot test this with it. There are code differences between the two so they will have different XBE's. I have written XBE's for both, but can't test the 007 version. So if you have 007, and a way for me to get the stuff to you, let me know and you can be my beta tester (translated: Guinea pig).