I overlooked the discussion about why it was still possible to flash the chip even when it was not in download mode. I have read and I believe that if you have the version 32
(see the fine explanation from "side" Posted: Aug 28 2003, 02:00 AM in this dicussion forum) the flash is always turned on, meaning you can flash it.
Still however I have not yet come that far that I have figured out how to flash it. Can someone explain to me how this is done. I guess you use the CD drive with a burned CD, but I can find no details about this flashing anywhere. Is there a forum I missed?? Can you do this over the ethernet port??
Please help explain me in details:
- What is the file format of the flash image
- What program are you using for burning the CD
- Do you have to burn it as a data CD
- In what order do you press the xbox power button
- When do you slip the CD into the box if that is the case This post has been edited by berrydk: Oct 12 2003, 07:19 AM