heres what i did, it is working (afaik):
1) patched my default.xbe and renamed it to doaxxx.xbe
2) copied my unpatched default.xbe over and renamed it doaxbv.xbe
3) patched the datadvd.afs with the "new textures" and renamed it dataxxx.afs
4) copied the unpatched datadvd.afs over
5) made a menu using mxm which launches either version
6) hex edited the doaxxx.xbe to replace the string datadvd.afs with dataxxx.afs which sure enough does work...
now the game won't fit on one dvd. so i removed the multilingual videos which i am under the impression are the exact same video just with a different language stream, i forget the names but i'll look em up if anyone is interested. then i hex edited the files the same as before and replaced all the names of the deleted videos with the english language version i left on the disc. hey presto, both versions, one disc, nothing missing except a few videos i can't understand anyway.
i'm using the PAL version of doaxbv btw.
Edit: the videos were named along the lines of
i'm not saying those are the exact names but the beginnings are the correct vids, just those 4 beginning with 9, a, b, and c.
This post has been edited by Vinpire: Dec 18 2003, 07:16 AM