Whats going on! Well lastnight I figured out how to configure your modded xboxdash.xbe so that when you boot into normal Xbox mode without the modchip on it will not be overwritten by Xbox Live.
1. I have the Xecuter 2.2 Lite Installed with the X2 4977 Bios.
2. Maxtor 120gig, 7200rpm, 8mb cache
Note: Xecuter 2.2 Lite w/ the X2 4977 Bios looks for evoxdash.xbe before xboxdash.xbe
Note: These directions already apply to a modded Xbox already!
MS Dashboard Files Needed...
1. xboxdash.xbe / xboxdashdata.1012a700 thats modded with the dash of your choice!
2. A newer version of xboxdash.xbe / xboxdashdata folder (Make sure these files are clean and they are not modded)
Note: You will understand why you need two files systems, dont think im crazy, lol
Evolution X Dashboard
1. If you had "Evolution X" on your C:drive as the modded dash, say good by to it...
2. Just make sure that you can FTP into your xbox cause here we go...
Loading up your new Dashboards
1. Take the newer dashboard thats not modded and load it onto your xbox. Then once that newer version is loaded reboot your Xbox without the chip on and make sure your original xboxdash works correctly. If not you did something wrong!
2. Now the dashboard thats modded which should be xboxdash.xbe / xboxdashdata.1012a700 has to have one quick configuration. Right click on the xboxdash.xbe file and make a quick backup copy. Now with the copy, your going to change the xboxdash.xbe to evoxdash.xbe. So now this is what your going to have...
Example: evoxdash.xbe / xboxdashdata.1012a700
3. Now delete the previous EvolutionX which is labeled as evoxdash.xbe on your C:drive, but make sure your already FTPed into your Xbox.
4. Now load the evoxdash.xbe / xboxdashdata.1012a700 on your C:drive.
Note: Your basically going to have 2 file systems now.
Example #1: evoxdash.xbe / xboxdashdata.1012a700 (Modded one)
Example #2: xboxdash.xbe / xboxdashdata._________(Normal one) The file system just has to be newer than 1012a700
5. Once both file systems are loaded then all you have to do is reboot with the mod on cause remember you rebooted to check the original dash which worked!
Outcome on my machine
1. Once rebooted with the mod on you should have your "Modded Dash"
2. The modded dash will not be over written now because when you run your normal green dash with the mod off you can go into Xbox Live and take the updates cause when Xbox Live looks on your C:drive it looks for xboxdash.xbe.
3. Remember the xboxdash.xbe is pointed to the newer xboxdashdata folder so your evoxdash.xbe / xboxdashdata.1012a700 will not be touched at all because its labeled as evoxdash.xbe.
Enjoy your newly modded Xbox system. Now you have the best of both worlds. Never say anything is impossible cause its not!