Feb 1 2004, 06:02 PM
I just borrowed my friends modded x-box because I want to Ftp his Emu and roms to my X-box. When I try to connect to his X-box via FlashFXP, It fails to connect. I know it's because of the network settings but is there another way to get the files I want off of his hardrive on his box? We are both using EvolX but his is an older version. We also have different mod chips but I'm thinking that should not matter. Any advice?
Feb 1 2004, 06:16 PM
check what his ip address is
Feb 1 2004, 06:54 PM
his is different than mine. The guy who modded his box had dsl ISP (static IP). I have a cable modem and use Dynamic IP.
Feb 1 2004, 09:30 PM
You find out what the IP address is as per EvoX or whatever dash you uses. And then you connect. There are other ways (Avalaunch has an FTP client and can connect directly to another box via a cross-over cable), but you'll find getting the IP address far simpler!
Feb 1 2004, 10:20 PM
If both your Xboxes connect through a router/switch, then just run Avalaunch on both machines. Ava has this wonderful feature of auto-detecting another Xbox which is also running Avalaunch, on the same network. Easy as pie.
Feb 1 2004, 10:29 PM
I really do not wish to load Avalaunch on my machine or my friends becuase
Evolx is working just fine. So all I need to do is change the IP adress on my friends Box to match the one on my Box. Is this correct?
Feb 2 2004, 01:07 AM
Just do it the round about way.
FTP into one Xbox and suck all the files off of one Xbox onto your PC
FTP into the other Xbox and upload them.
Feb 2 2004, 02:55 AM
I don't think you understand
The files that i want are on my friends Box but I cannot FTP into it because of his network settings in his version of Evolx.
Feb 2 2004, 04:38 AM
You can run Avalaunch as an application if you really dont want to make the switch.
You could either
1. Disable his static IP address and change it to your ip adress and use a crossover cable and a PC FTP client. If you back up his old evox.ini then you cant mess it up.
2. Put his box through a router and use avalaunch (you can have different settings in avalaunch to evox) and ftp using the avalauch file manager
Feb 2 2004, 06:25 AM
1. Fire up EvoX on your friends machine
2. Go in his evox system settings and change the network settings there to suit your needs. Turn on DHCP if you have a router set up at your place or create another static IP that is in the same range as your current xbox/pc
3. Reboot his XBOX and FTP into his xbox using the NEW network settings.
4. Now you can either copy all his stuff to your pc then transfer them back to your xbox or transfer from xbox to xbox directly using xtoolbox or any of the other apps out there.
Feb 2 2004, 09:38 AM
Yeah, what I meant was to run Ava as an application. No need to switch dashes for somrthing as trivial as this.
Feb 2 2004, 11:43 AM
If you don't wanto put ava on the Xbox then put it on CD. Run it on one xbox, eject (with it still running) and run it on the next xbox. This should work, it's what I do whenever I fuck up my Xbox (cept with EvoX, im assuming the same can be done with ava)
Feb 2 2004, 11:48 AM
ok, I'll give it a shot.
Feb 2 2004, 10:00 PM
|QUOTE (hackme @ Feb 2 2004, 12:55 PM)|
| I don't think you understand The files that i want are on my friends Box but I cannot FTP into it because of his network settings in his version of Evolx. |
Yeah, I totally misread the problem.
The solution has been posted though. Do a quick search for "network" in the noobie forum. There's probably a mountain of info there that will explain what's going on.
If you still can't figure it out, PM me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here