New modchip announced: 'X-CHIP'
>> EASYBUY2000.com has announced they will produce a new Xbox modchip soon.
So far these are the details we have (taken from their product description):
This new chip has 4Mb of Flash memory and 2Mb of extra SRAM! We are going to upgrade all pre-orders of the Cham2 for the new X-CHIP. If you ordered the Cham2 with an adapter, your X-CHIP will come with one as well.
Unlock the power of your XBOX! The new X-CHIP includes 4Mb of Flash memory, 2Mb of extra SRAM and is USB and CPLD programmable! The Solderless Adapter is compatible with all versions of XBOX.
* 4Mb of Flash Memory
* 2Mb extra SRAM
* USB Programmable
* CPLD Programmable
* Solderless Adaptor (optional) is compatible with all versions of XBOX
With Adapter: $65.00
Without Adapter: $54.00
March 2: We are almost finished production of the X-CHIP. We have discovered a bug and are working to fix it. The new ETA will be set to March 21st. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience!
We are running some tests to make sure the chip is 100% ready to be released, and we expect to have it ready for shipment by May. 25th. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience!
The X-CHIP will be in stock in approx. 2 weeks. We thank everyone who has been patient with us for the last while. We will charge and ship when it's in stock! We have reduced our prices, so everyone who pre-ordered will be charged the NEW prices that we have listed.
Please see the specials below for even MORE savings on bulk purchases!
Stock is on-hand for the X-CHIP! We expect to begin shipping orders by next week. We thank everyone who has been patient with us for the last while.
* EvoX M8 bios
Due to the latest confusions, leaks etc. we have decided to make an official M8 release.
There are still some unsolved matters, so we will release it in two different versions:
* M8.BIN Is a new BIOS based on the latest 5838 kernel, and has the same features as M7, It will work on XBOX versions (1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5)
* M8_16.BIN Is also based on the 5838 kernel and has the same features as M7. It will ONLY work on XBOX version 1.6
* XChip bios
This is our first BIOS release for the X-CHIP, please note that this BIOS will only work with the X-CHIP!
The BIOS is released in two different versions:
* FULL.BIN Works on XBOX Versions (1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5)
* FULL16.BIN Works only with XBOX version 1.6
Flash the BIOS using the X-CHIP XCONTROL Software
The XChip bios takes advantages of the SRAM.
Here is the first version of this bios:
Main Features List
* Trainer Menu System (Supports EvoX ETM files)
* Bank Selection / Switching
* DVD Region Setting
* Audio Setting (Mono, Stereo, Dolby Surround Sound)
* Language Setting
* TV Mode (Pal_I, NTSC_J, NTSC_M)
* Video Mode Settings (Normal, Letterbox, Widescreen)
* Video Refresh (50Hz, 60Hz)
* Game Region (Manufacturing, North American, Japanese, Rest of World)
* XBOX Live Blocker
* Eject Fix (Enable / Disable)
* Setup Text (Enable / Disable)
* Boot from CD-ROM (Yes / No)
* 1st, 2nd, 3rd Dashboard Boot Priority
* USB Debug Output (Enable / Disable)
* Setup Password Protection
* Skin Selection
* Fan Control (Auto, Low, Medium,Fast, Max)
* Auto EEPROM Backup on first boot
* Make EEPROM Backup
* Recover EEPROM
* Lock Harddisk
* Unlock Harddisk
* View CPU Temperature
* View Motherboard Temperature
* View FAN Voltage
* View Harddisk Model
* View Harddisk Serial No.
* View Harddisk Lock status
* View Harddisk Key
* View XBOX Serial No,
* View MAC Address
* View AV Pack info
* View PIC Info
We just finished a new version of the Xchip bios.
Whats new/fixed :
* Flash from within X-Chip OS
* Bank control from within X-Chip OS
* Erase or Clear banks
* Quick update OS
* IGR Hard/Soft mode (credits dootdoo/nghtshd)
* LBA48 (credits Paul Bartholomew/nghtshd)
* DVD Drive info
* Control background rotation
* Enable / Disable boot logo's
* HDTV Support (untested)
* Many Bug fixes
* Default LBA48 and (Normal drive F) is disabled. You have to configure LBA Mode before you can use drive F,G. See manual for details