Jul 6 2004, 11:32 PM
I am Having trouble Connecting to my Xbox using my PC through Flash FXP, i have done it befor but for some reason i cant do it again since i used a crossover cable to connect xbox to xbox, i need help, my Ip for my xbox is 192.168.1.100 and Static IP is off, hmmm everything else seems ok i think, suggestions?
Jul 6 2004, 11:46 PM
Try to change the ip settings of your tcp/ip. Go to the network connections and click on the tcp/ip then properties. click the option (use the following ip....) and type in 192.168.0.1 and 255.255.255.0 dont need the rest. and open flash fxp and you should be connected.
Jul 6 2004, 11:51 PM
If your IP is not static then how did you get IP 1.100? Are you receiving an IP from a DHCP server or router?
It's really simple to setup class C tcp/ip. Basically all you need to do is set your IPs all in the 192.168.x.x range and the subnet to 255.255.255.0, gateway and DNS need not be set since you're connecting via IP.
Of course this assumes you're running through a network. If you're using a crossover cable then set static IPs on and assign in the 192.168 range, set netmask to 255.255.255.0 and set default gateway on your pc to the ip of your FTP server (XBOX).
Jul 6 2004, 11:55 PM
Using Windows XP:
1) Plug one end of the crossover cable into the Xbox and the other to the back of the PC
2) Download Flash FXP
3) Go to Control Panel -- Network and Internet Connections -- Network Connections -- Local Area Connection
4) Right click on Local Area Connections go to properties
5) Highlite Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and then click the properties tab
6) Go to Alternate Configeration
7) Click User Configured
8) Enter the following
IP Adress 192.168.1.xxx (Your Xbox IP)
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.1.1
Prefered DNS Server 22.214.171.124
Alternate DNS Server 126.96.36.199
9) Click OK
10) Turn on your Xbox and Load EvoX
11) In the Network setting put
Enable FTP Yes
Use Static Yes
12) For the IP address put whatever your put as the IP address in the alternate configeration
13) Reset Your Xbox
14) Reset Your Computer
15) Open Flash FXP and Connect to your Xbox
These setting allow you to connect to your xbox and also explore and connect to the internet at the same time without having to keep swapping IP settings back and forth
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here