Aug 9 2004, 10:09 PM
Is a RJ45 CROSSOVER cable the same as this?
Category 5e Network Cable
• Meets all Category 5e standards
• Several different lengths are available to meet your needs
• 8-conductor (four twisted pair) cable with RJ-45 modular plugs and boots
• 50-micron gold-plated pins for better data transmission
• Heavy-duty molded strain reliefs around each plug provide extra durability
Aug 9 2004, 10:11 PM
No. That is a patch cable. It will clearly say crossover.
Aug 9 2004, 10:16 PM
So I guess this is it then for ftp'ing right?
Cat 5E Crossover Cable
With Cat 5E Cable, you can network two computers with Ethernet cards together without using a Hub. This cable meets Category 5E standards.
• 24-gauge, UTP, four twisted pairs, stranded FT4
• CM grade
• With RJ-45 8p8c plug (50 micro inches)
Aug 9 2004, 10:30 PM
If it says crossover then its crossover.
cat 5e is good for up to 1gbit.
So yea that should work for ftping...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here