Aug 27 2004, 06:30 PM
1) What is the best way to burn the apps, program, roms, etc to disk?
2) What is the best type of Media to use (i.e. DVD-r, DVD+R, CD-RW, etc.)
3) Is there a special way to burn it also?
I been reading forms and turtorials but they are all about burning backup games, etc. I am not worried about that. I just want to burn emulators, etc.
Aug 27 2004, 06:39 PM
1) i have found nero to work best for me, but programs are more of a preference
2) supposedly, the best to use are sony cd-rw's (dvd's almost always read, but they are more expensive), there is a list somewhere of all the media types, and what reads best
3) you have to burn most anything that goes on the xbox in .iso format
Aug 27 2004, 06:40 PM
|1) What is the best way to burn the apps, program, roms, etc to disk? |
um, using your burning program ?? nero
|2) What is the best type of Media to use (i.e. DVD-r, DVD+R, CD-RW, etc.)|
i have found no problem what-so-ever with Sony CD-RW's - of course if you're going to make a backup of a game use a DVD-R
|3) Is there a special way to burn it also?|
some things you must compile into an XISO first. you can do this by creating one with Qwix, SimpleXISO, or Craxtion
if all you want is emulators. then get about a 20 GB hard drive and install that. all my emulators together take up over 10, but less than 15 GB of space.
Aug 27 2004, 07:38 PM
HP cd-rws work in all drives, and were the most compatable for my needs.
Aug 27 2004, 07:43 PM
Go to the FAQ forum and click the thread Which drive do i have?
If a samsung Imation and Mitsubishi Black Diamond CD-RS burnt at 8X with Alchohol 120 will work perfectly
Also the iso MUST be 700megs exactly or under to burn to a cd-r/rw
Hope that helps
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here