I am currently using "Media Portal" on a PC laptop, set up under my TV. It is linked to a server via wireless to pick up all my media (AVI/Mp3 etc). I think its great, and other than it running on a £2k machine, I have no problems with it!
I would like to replace this laptop with an XBox in the near future so I can play games, free up the laptop and use the XBox Live.
I have a few questions:
1. Can I use XBox live, and play games if I am using a chipped XBox with Media Center installed?
2. What is the best mod chip to get for this purpose?
3. What is the best wireless mod for XBox (I have a 802.11g network) so I dont need to copy all the media from my server?
4. Can I upgrade the hard disk size and still play games / use XBox Live?
5. Are external USB disks supported or will they be in the future?
6. What issues are there for future compatibility? (Ie. Will M$ possibly start checking for additional mods on newer games / XBox Live updates?)
Great software... great site.