i am running slayers on my retail hdd currently, and am getting a new wd 120gb soon. For those who have used slayers, is slayers all i need to configure the new hdd like in the slayers read me file below, correct? do i need to run hdd prepaper or anything else before installing slayers?
(E) Setting-Up a V1.0 XBOX with an Upgraded HD and a MOD chip that can be turned OFF!
0) Verify you have completed the Pre-Steps at the top of this document!
1) Eject the DVD tray and insert the Auto-Installer Media
2) Power XBOX OFF and Enable the Mod Chip.
3) Power XBOX Back ON with MOD CHIP Enabled (if you have a BioXX use the Power button!)
4) From the Installer Menu select option (3) then Option (3-1) - This will install everything!
5) Once the "REBUILD" process is complete, Remove the Installer media and power OFF
6) Power ON, With the MOD still ON, & verify that the EvoX Dashboard Starts-up & you're
looking at a menu system and the SlaYer's EvolutionX Gears background.
7) Verify the rest of the applications start up OK.
8) Scroll down to "System Management" and select the "MS Dashboard"
9) If you get Error21, and the M$ Dashboard does not start up, follow the steps below:
9-1) Eject the DVD tray and insert the Auto-Installer Media
9-2) Power ON/OFF to boot from the media (MOD still ON)
9-3) Select Option (3-4) to Replace the M$ Dash with the alternate version, 4627
9-4) Eject the DVD tray and remove the Auto-Installer Media
9-5) Power ON/OFF to boot from the HD (MOD still ON)
9-6) Repeat Steps (6) and (8) above and verify the M$ Dash Starts up OK
9-7) If you still get Error21 you have 2 choices:
9-7-1) Repeat step (9-3) with Installer Options (3-5) & then (3-6)
9-7-2) Restore from your backup of the C: drive 3 files and overwrite the ones
on the Xbox HD in C: The files are:
xboxdash.xbe (which you'll need to rename to msxboxdash.xbe), Memory2.xip
9-8) Repeat Steps (6) and (8) above and verify the M$ dash Starts up OK
10) Eject the DVD tray and insert the Auto-Installer Media
10-1) Power ON/OFF to boot from the Installer media (MOD still ON)
11) Select Installer Options (9) and (9-2) to Run ConfigMagic for V1.1 Xbox
12) Your Upgraded HDD will show as "Unlocked".
12-1) From the ConfigMagic Main Menu, select the Option to Lock your HDD
12-2) If the Lock fails your Upgraded HD Cannot be Locked!!! (factory restriction)
12-3) If the HD cannot be locked you cannot boot with the MOD OFF and into Retail mode
until you replace the HD and repeat ALL the steps for this XBOX Configuration.
12-4) If the Lock process succedes, just quit ConfigMagic
13) Eject the DVD tray and remove the Auto-Installer Media
14) Power XBOX OFF and disable Mod Chip.
15) Power XBOX Back ON with MOD Disabled (Retail Mode)(for a BioXX power-up from EJECT!)
16) The M$ Dashboard should start up automatically, Not the EvoX Dashbaord.
17) If the EvoX Dashboard starts up, your MOD is still active, Disable it and try again.
18) If you get Error13, now that the MOD is OFF, follow these steps:
18-1) Eject the DVD tray and insert the Auto-Installer Media
18-2) Power ON/OFF, ENABLE the MOD Chip, and boot from the Installer Media (MOD ON)
18-3) Select Options (11) & (11-1) to Patch the C: (This will copy msxboxdash.xbe
18-4) Eject the DVD tray and remove the Auto-Installer Media
18-5) Power XBOX OFF and disable Mod Chip. (MOD OFF)
18-6) Power ON/OFF to boot from the HD (if you have a BioXX power-up from EJECT!)
18-6) The M$ Dashboard should start up automatically in Retail Mode.
19) You now have a DUAL BOOT ( MOD/RETAIL ) Xbox
20) You are Done! Enjoy!