Well... I read xomp's tutorial and was frustrated when it said it was universal to all softmods. It was most certainly NOT, so I wrote my own on how to do it from an Itools UDE install. It was preformed on a 1.4 xbox with UDE1.
1. Download NKPatcher 10 from http://hometown.aol.de/devz3ro/nkpatcher10.zip
2. FTP to your xbox, and browse to E:\BiosLD
3. Rename Nkpatcher10 to default.xbe and replace the one in E:\BiosLD
4. Now browse to C:\ and backup any file in this location titled evoxdash.xbe
5. Upload uix.xbe to this location and rename to evoxdash.xbe
6. Upload the rest of the directories to C:\ regularly as outlines in the instructions of the dashboard.
UIX will now work on your Itools softmodded xbox =)