I have tried this script a few times since it came out. Without a single success.
After reading your post, I decided to get it running once and for all.
The steps I took
1. I deleted all scripts, and made sure I had the latest python and latest library.
2. I included only scriptbrowser and one script. A script that was confirmed working and had no problems launching from within it's own folder.
3. Tried to launch. Without success.
4. Pressed the white button on the controler to get error log.
Here is what mine said
Traceback [most recent call last]:
File "Q:\scripts\scriptbrowser\scriptbrowser.py", line 106, in ?
sb = mainClass
File "Q:\scripts\scriptbrowser\scriptbrowser.py", line 61, in__init__
File "Q:\scripts\scriptbrowser\scriptbrowser.py", line 96, in newsel
NameError: global name 'sleep' is not defined
5. Knowing my error "global name 'sleep' is not defined". I searched the xml and found this section.
self.debuglabel.setLabel(self.getScriptPath() + self.getSelItem() + ".py")
self.infoimage = xbmcgui.ControlImage(75,125,100,100,self.getScriptPath() + "\\icon.jpg")
6. I then deleted this line from the xml.
7. Spent two hours setting up all my scripts to work with it / making icons etc.
8. Used it
9. Deleted it, replaced with backup.
10. Went back to using scriptionary.
Things I didn't like about scriptbrowser.
Script list ran off the page. Can't see highlighted script when scrolled down.
Script name/icon on the left often didn't match the script highlighted on the right.
Listed items I didn't want listed.(autoexec,HttpCache).
Note: I know nothing about python, scripting, or what this section of the xml does and why.(may have introduced bugs)
Use your white button to get your error msg. If the same, try deleting that line. If different, post error msg here or the official forums. Maybe someone that knows what they're doing will help.