I had a plan to get an Xtender, add a second HDD and put my Gamecube in it too, but then my friend gave me his partly crapped-out PS2 when he got a slim one. So now I figured I'd want to put all 3 in there, but unsure of whether it would fit and concerns over heat, I figured why not just use a PC case. I have an extra PC case, but it's shit, so I figured I'd get a new cool one. Here's the one I'm gonna get(might get it in black, hmmm..): http://3dcool.com/Details.asp?cid=11&id=1456
I've seen others on other sites I've considered because they were more Xbox-esque, but I've decided on that one because of the window, LEDs, and big ass fan, plus if it's too loud I can turn it down.
It's got plenty of room for all the systems and extra HDD, and hopefully can put the DVD drives in the bays. Since GC is flip top, I thought I might just cut a square in the top and pretty much put the whole top of the GC there and bondo it smooth(but then I'd have to paint it, unless I get the silver case and do such a smooth job it looks good enough. My gc is silver.)
Then I figured since my PS2 can't read all the games that well, especially PS1 games, I might as well get a new one. I considered slim, but that's flip top too and I'd rather have a sliding drive fit in one of the bays(Is it possible to get a slim, and connect it to the older PS2 sliding DVD drive. I'd need a new drive of course.) With all the extra space I'll get an HDD for the PS2 as well, and I'll only need to swap discs when playing GC.
So my q's:
1. Could I fit the drives in the bays provided?
2. Anybody have a PS2 stuff for sale? Slim or regular, DVD drive, mods, hdd's, etc?
3. General tips and suggestions for putting it all together, situating and cleaning the GC top, controller ports, etc.
4. And does anybody live in the Detroit area that can help? I'm more of a doer to have kind of guy, not doer to do. Plus, last time I tried to cut the Xbox plastic with a dremel it looked like shit, and I want this to be clean looking.
5. I've got an adaptor for all three so hopefully that will reach all three, but what about the power? Anyway to connect all of those and just having one plug coming out the back? If not, I guess I'll just wrap them up and plug the three into this three plug adaptor thing I've got.
6. How big of an HDD do you think I need for the PS2? Since I'll really only need it for PS2 exclusives like God of War, and only those games that are so good that an Xbox equivalent would not do. They've got so many games I don't know which ones are good(not into RPG's.) Which exclusives should I get?