Well, I am new, with xbox. But I love collecting operating systems I have them all, well I loved it, I have all linux versions , windows versions and a few macintosh versions. Also all Longhorn versions, my point is it might be possible to install windows by using a backup. I might not be sure from what windows. But I think the best solution is, windows xp mediacenter 2003, or windows xp tablet pc edition (for the people without keyboards). I had some cd downloaded from winbeta with all the windows xp 2003 versions on it, like (XP = / pro/ home/ mediacenter/ tablet pc edition). I have all the orginal serial numbers, I don't tell them of course:P so I am not illegal. Well anyway using a program as Powerquest Driveimage (Not the newest version), or Norton Ghost (Not the newest version), should be the solution. Well anyway some people don't understand what I am saying so I tell it in short.
-> Saphire''s plan <-
1. Place your xbox harddisk in your computer
2. Use the emergency diskettes from driveimage, or ghost
3. Install the backup on your harddisk
4. After it's done place your harddisk in your xbox
(All we need is someone who can modified a backup, but maybe that is useless cause it might work.)
My second plan
-> Saphire's second plan <-
1. Same as above
2. Same as above
3. Use a backup from windows xp where not all files are installed but you are at the beginning of the blue installation screen, and you have putted off your computer well you where in the installation screen. Then setup might ask you to continue the installation.
4 Same as above
THis plan might work better then the one above I am not sure. Just try and we shall see.
Hint! : You might make a backup of your harddisk first before you do this, so you can restore the old situation
PS!. BTW I know my english sucks cause I am not online for 13 months already, thats shit.