Jul 19 2005, 09:53 AM
[SIZE=1]can someone please help me fix my friends xbox. he dropped it on the ground
like a dumbass and now it comes up with the "your xbox need service" screen but it has no error number. i have searched all the forums but cant find it anywhere. please help.
Jul 19 2005, 10:05 AM
The xbox is an older version (1.0) , those don't generate error numbers.
The bad news is this is most likely a hardware error, probably the hdd. Which isn't easily solved.
* can you hear the harddisk spinning up and making some 'clicks'?
* does the DVD tray still open?
* does it boot when you put a game in the DVD tray, then power on (with game in tray)
* Is it chipped? If so, with a solderless chip (might have shifted out of place)
You COULD open the xbox and try to check all connectors, though this probably won't help much. Before opening ask if his warranty expired. If no : send it back to MS, if it's not modded
Jul 19 2005, 10:13 AM
i dont hear the hard drive spinning or making clicks
dvd tray doesnt open
and its not chipped or soft modded
and i already opened it and checked all of the cables
Jul 19 2005, 10:26 AM
Beware : making (educated) guesses here ....
My 2 guesses are :
* The motherboard got damaged, apparantly the the hdd and dvd don't get any power.
* The powersupply got damaged and only parts of the motherboard getting power.
I'm far from a hardware guru, but if I remember correct you should have either 3.6V or 5V on various parts .... you might want to visit the hardware section to be sure. This might involve manually measuring the voltage .....
My best bet is the motherboard is damgaged, which won't be an easy fix (needs replacement along with a new hdd)
Don't expect an easy fix though ...
Jul 19 2005, 11:32 AM
thanks for the help but i guess that im not going to fix it. to much trouble for something that isnt mine and that i dont need. thanks anyway though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here