QUOTE(vogel08 @ Mar 24 2006, 06:41 AM)
Knoppmyth is a frontend that connects to my mythtv running on my linux box. My question isn't really about how to run knoppmyth, it is how to run an .iso file. When ever I try running a dvd with an iso file, the dashboard says it cannot read it. I just want to know if loading a program from an iso is possible and if so, how do I do it. Thanks,
Again, the actual questions are as follows:
1. Is Knoppmyth an Xbox executble file (.xbe)?
2. Are you attempting to RUN a disc with a file on it that is named "InsertNameHere.ISO"?
3. Are you formatting the disc above for the xbox?
it *SOUNDS* like you are mixing up your terms, which is a cause for confusion.
an ISO is an IMAGE file. When you burn the IMAGE to disc, the files CONTAINED in the image file get burnt in the way that the image was formatted.
When you burn the IMAGE FILE to disc, the IMAGE FILE gets burnt as a DATA (ISO 9660) disc. You would open the directory on the disc and see "InsertNameHere.ISO" instead of the files contained in the image.
So, to solve all your problems:
1. If Knoppmyth is not an xbox executable file (.xbe), don't bother attempting to run it. You've already failed.
2. If you are burning a disc and you can read that disc in the PC and see "InserNameHere.ISO" instead of "KnoppmythXboxProgram.xbe" (that was an example), then you have created a DATA disc. Start over and burn the image with Alcohol to prevent this mistake.
3. If you burn the disc with Alcohol and find the xbox won't read it, then give up on that file. your ISO image file is NOT meant for use in the xbox. You'll have to format it using Qwix.
Krayzie's Installer is about softmodding the xbox itself, NOT about running programs on a softmodded box. You are confusing yourself, and in the process confusing others. Stop what you are doing and go back to the main forums. Look for topics that match what you are asking about (backup creation, programs that run on the xbox, Dashboard forums that tell you if a dashboard can "read and iso file", etc).
If none of this makes any sense to you, please go back to the Newbies forum.
QUOTE(vogel08 @ Mar 24 2006, 08:29 AM)
I am aware that I have to burn it as an iso image, which I have. I probably have been though every tutorial there is on softmoding an xbox. I have found instruction on reading an iso image with every linux softmode hack install beside krayzie installer. I just want to know how to read an iso image with this installer package.
Okay, burning ISO files has NOTHING to do with Krayzie's Installer.
In fact, Krayzie's installer has NOTHING to do with READING ISO files. That would be up to the program you are attempting to read the iso from, most likely the Dashboard you have chosen.
ISO - Internation Standards Organization
ISO File - a SINGLE file that acts like an IMAGE of a Disc that can be burnt using Nero or Alcohol to produce a Disc that would have MANY files on it. YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BURN THE ISO *FILE* TO THE DISC, BUT RATHER TO BURN THE ISO *IMAGE* TO THE DISC!!!
1. I have these files:
2. I create and ISO of those files. The file is named Game.iso, and now in that folder i have this:
3. I burn the "Game.iso" file to a disc by dragging and dropping to Nero. I can also add my MP3 Collection:
4. I choose "Burn" in Nero and when i put the disc in, i get directory like this:
MP32.mp3This is what it sounds like you are trying to do!!!Right Way
3. I burn the Game.iso image to a disc using Alcohol or Image Wizard or DVD Decrypter. I can't add any extra files.
4b. I choose Burn in Alcohol and get a disc that has a directory like this:
Game.xbxThis is what you are supposed to get
Create or Select the iso to burn.
Make certain you know what the image is supposed to run on (xbox iso images have to be formulated in a special way)
Using Alcohol, choose BURNING WIZARD.
Select your ISO FILE
BURN away. Be sure to use DVD-R media for best compatiblity with the Xbox.
upon completion, if your ISO file was meant for the xbox, the xbox will load the disc. If it wasn't, you need to go back to burning school.
If the iso image is supposed to be dvd movie, i have found that Xbox Media Center can play ISO files directly.