QUOTE(kana007 @ May 9 2006, 04:28 AM)
Thanks Krayzie for the brillant installer and your time!!!
Thanks A Murder of Crows for your help also!!!
Please look over my plan and tell me if I missed anything. This seems easiest for me.
I have xbox with ldots ude2 mod installed. I just got a new 300gb hard drive that I want to install
with Krayzie Ndure Installer 1.1_MA.
1. Take C folder from slayers 2.6 and put that in C folder of xboxhdm. This should give me a
clean version of C and upgrade my dash to 5960.
Yes, good start. But instead of using 1.1_MA, take your 1.1_MA and update it with the 1.1.1 update kit.
2. Ftp Udata and Tdata folders from xbox to E folder of xboxhdm. This should save all my regular
game saves. Replace Udata/4d530017/62D648EBF155 with Krayzie's 1.1 MA save.
Yes, except again, use 1.1.1 instead.
3. Put EEPROM.bin in eeprom folder of xboxhdm. I got this from configmagic.
4. Create iso with xboxhdm. Burn disc. This disk should create stock xbox with 5960 dash and
Krayzie 1.1 MA game save installed. No need to use memory card.
3 is fine,
4 you can do a *LOT* more with. If you have a DVD Burner and a spare dvd-rw disc, why not go all the way? Create an E Drive folder, and in that folder put in your Apps, Emulators, Icons, smaller Games, or even your own dashboard with your own settings & skins. If you do your own dashboard, rename the folder Dashboard2 so that the installer does not overwrite it and so that it is easily renamed back to Dashboard when the mod is installed. No need to FTP in Krayzie's Extras, you can just copy the folder to E:\Apps and have it sitting there ready for you when the system starts up.
Want to go even further? get the system set up completely (don't forget to set the basic options in the official MS dashboard before you begin the mod proceedure), then go into Extras and run Professional mode. From pro mode, FTP your completely modded C drive to your xboxhdm C folder, replacing the files that were there. Then go into E:\ and copy the "backups" folder to the E folder on xboxhdm. reburn this and keep it safe... if you decide to go bigger, or your hard drive fails for any reason, run this new version of xboxhdm instead....when you use it, the drive will be 100% pre-modded for this xbox, and will just need to be locked down. You can even use this to install on another xbox, just remember to change the eeprom in the eeprom folder with the one from the system you want to mod. Remember to enable all your settings in the M$ dash first. Also, when the mod is installed, run the Extras and update the virtual eeprom.
5. Install 300gb hard drive as the only hard drive in pc. Boot with disc. Run xboxhdm. Build hard
drive from scratch. Make F. Lock hard drive.
5. Install 300GB hard drive as PRIMARY MASTER and as only hard drive in pc. Boot with disc, option 1. WHen loaded, type xboxhd at prompt. choose option 1 (from scratch). Make/Format F drive. Copy files from C and E to new partitions. Upon completion, Reboot, then choose Option 3 to lock drive. type "lockhd -a" at prompt. if you get a command successful, you are done with step 5.
6. Place new hard drive in xbox. Boot. Put in MA game. Run Krayzie MA save. Install Krayzie 1.1,
choose basic install with unleashx as dashboard. Ftp the Krayzie Extras folder into xbox E/apps.
Reboot and choose "Krayzie Extras" from apps. Choose nkpatcher 67 to create a G partition.
Format F and G with either Krayzie Extras or unleashx. Done
6. Place new drive in box, leave box open just in case...it sucks to have to undo all the screws if the drive didn't lock or copy everything. turn on box with no game. choose basic settings, try to enable all options if possible (Dolby digital, DTS. enable Progressive scan modes by turning them "on" the pulling both triggers and clicking on both thumbsticks simultaniously). Choose your prefered video format (normal, letterbox, widescreen). *MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE YOUR PROPER TIME ZONE!!!* I've had issues with the virtual eeprom not updating the actual eeprom, so make sure you have everything enabled that you want beforehand. NOW run MA. Install Krazyie's 1.1.1 (you did update it, right?), choose basic install with unleashx. Follow on screen instructions.
Run Krayzie's Extras from Apps. choose Format Options, then "Format G Drive". if you want to have a multiboot setup, choose "launch Extras" and choose your multiboot. turn system off and back on again. Enable G drive in UnleashX's Storage settings. Clear cache. If you installed a custom dashboard, do the nessescery steps to place it in E:\Dashboard.
When all works well, turn off the system, screw the drive and the case down.
You are already using nkpatcher .067 when you install the mod....going into extras will allow you to change it from .067 (F and G drives) to .06 (only F drive). No need to do this on your setup.
Now you are done.
WHen you know the new drive is working fine, take the old drive out of the system and Unlock it with the same disc (option 3, then "unlockhd -a" from prompt). reboot and build a drive from scratch again. Relock afterwards if you want a spare drive in case your new one dies. Keep unlocked if you want to sell it, (don't build E drive if you decide to sell it....no need for anyone else to have your save game info).