QUOTE(abubu @ Jun 11 2006, 01:23 AM)
I followed exactly Krayzie's step and read most of the posts here. Today I tried around all night to do softmod using Krayzie Ndure installer 1.0 howevered failed. I am using Sprinter Cell exploit and have the action replay memory key to copy the game exploit to the XBOX. I tried install softmod several times but every time after reboot (which it says it will ask me to activate softmod after reboot) I got a blank screen with yellow LED light. And if I load the expoit again to see what happes, at which time the LED is red and I have ftp access, however if I try to do manual SOFTMOD On, it tell me the error message:
Batch File failed. Action: Rename.
I tried many times with that, now I am exhausted. What can I do now? Do anybody know what's the problem with my steps? Or any one has the same experience?
I get a failed reboot on occasion when installing also. The mod isn't "activated" at that reboot...what is activated is the shadowC drive. You should recieve a screen telling you to "Press A". You aren't, for whatever reason, so here's what i would do:
Try to see if rebooting a 2nd time works to get you the "Press A" screen...if not, then do this
1. Restore C drive to stock 5960 - Use Slayer or the Remove Softmod exploit menu option to go back to stock C.
2. Download Krayzie's 1.1 installer
3. Update 1.1 to 1.1.1 - Follow the link in Krayzie's Sig, or the pinned topic in this forum
4. Delete any and all save games related to the installer from your hard drive, including any Splinter Cell games
5. Transfer the 1.1.1 installer game save files over to your system
6. Now follow this FAQ:
#1 - Basic Setup
This section tunes up your Xbox to prep for the mod. Here, you will want to clean up your save games and choose all your settings for your favorite setups. You should also enable HD Modes and 5.1 Audio options here to make sure that the virtual eeprom uses your favorite settings.
What you Need Here:
A) Xbox System
C) XBox Controller
D) Paper and Pen/Pencil, computer with NotePad
E) TV/Monitor Cables
A) HD/Component Cables
C) Optical Audio Cables
D) X2VGA 2
E) Home Theater Unit with Optical In (Optical Audio Cable)
F) HD TV (HD cables) or TV with SVideo In (SVideo Cables)
G) VGA PC Monitor (x2vga 2)
What To Do:
1. Hook up your xbox system with your chosen method (HD Cables, Svideo Cables, X2vga)
Optional: If using optical sound, please make sure to read your manual about how to enable the optical ports.
2. Turn on the xbox with no game in it. THis will take you to the MS Dashboard. You should have video and sound working here. Check your manuals for your TV, x2vga, or Home Theater unit here if you don't.
3. Set the date, time, and time zone properly for your region.
4. In Audio Settings, Set the Audio Mode according to how you hooked up the system. I use Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS sound. These modes reqiure SVideo or HD/Component Cables to be enabled. I suggest enabling this mode in all xbox systems as the sound comes out in standard Stereo if you don't have the proper cable hooked up later, yet it retains the Optical/5.1 setting when you go back to that type of setup.
5. In Video Settings, set the video mode to whichever you prefer. I use Letterbox to allow widescreen viewing on my 4:3 monitor.
6a. OPTIONAL!!! NTSC ONLY - In Video Settings, set the video modes to enable the Progressive Scan Modes your monitor can handle. You Need HD/Component cables to be able to enable these modes. The Safest bets are to only enable 720p and 480p at the most, as some games won't work with 1080i mode enabled. Like the 'hidden' audio options, these choices retain, even if you move the xbox to a non-component, non-hd tv. This will only work on NTSC xbox systems. PAL Users wanting HD/Progressive Scan will have to convert their system over to NTSC to do so.
6b. OPTIONAL!!! NTSC, Dashboard 5960 ONLY - After enabling your Progressive Scan modes in 6a, back out to the Main Menu. Hold down both triggers and "Click" on both thumbsticks. This will enable the Dashboard to be displayed in Progressive Scan 480p mode. This only works on dash 5960 and above. If your dash has not yet been updated to 5960, follow the rest of the FAQ and return here to enable the mode later.7. With your xbox plugged in and turned on, delete any Game Save Data that you have for the chosen Exploit Disc. Although this is not always nessescery in all cases, it is HIGHLY suggested to prevent errors.
While here, you should delete as many Game Saves and Custom Soundtracks as you can live without. No need to delete them all, but ones you won't use anymore or ones you can live without should be removed to leave as much space as possible for the mod files and cache. Soundtracks take up a LOT of space. These files all reside on your E partition, which is where a lot of this mod will occur.
8. In Settings, choose Xbox Info and wait till the copyright info scrolls up. Here you will see 2 sets of numbers. Write these down in a safe place.
9. Optional - Use a DVD-Lens Cleaner disc to clean the laser of your drive. You should do this about once a month.
Upon deleting all the Game Saves that you can, enabling all modes you might want to use now or in the future, and writing down your kernel info, your xbox is ready to either be modded or updated to Dashboard 5960. Transfer your Exploit and run your game.
That should get you to a good place. WHen the installer tells you to turn off the system or "Press OK", instead, hit the Eject button to pull out the disc.
see how that goes for you, and report back.