Rather then discuss what we think will happen, how bout if you were GM of your team what moves you'd make.
So I'm a Yankees fan. Here's what NY needs to make their team the champions next years.
1. Resign Matsui. He never strikes out. He can pay any outfield position. He's clutch.
2. Centerfielder: Torre Hunter and Damon are on the market. Hunter would require too much in return, and Damon has a weak arm and shoulder issues this year. (Remember why we dont want Bernie)
Option A: Juan Pierre. Fast. Good fielder. Solid lead off hitter. Decent base stealer. And he had a bad year last year so his stock is sure to drop. Maybe we could trade Pavano for him. Or if we get REALLY lucky Wright...
Option B: Brian Giles. He's a left fielder. But Matsui can play center so it's not beyond belief to think we could move him there.
3. BJ Ryan: Gordon thinks he can close and wont come back. Someone will actually let him close. Ryan young, and a lefty, and could easily be Rivera's heir to Yankee closer as Riveraisnt getting any younger @ 36. Hes very important and throwing whatever's necessary to get him is the only way to go.
4. Backup 1st baseman. I honestly have no idea who yet. Giambi hits far better when he fields then when he DHs. So I just want a backup
5. Backup Catcher. Posadas aging. And NY needs a guy to give him nights off. I want a guy who can DH as well. And a spark. I want AJ.
Let's see the moves your team needs to make to get a championship next year. And Cubs fan, don't bother, it's impossible.