1UP.com User Study Reveals Gamers' Purchase Intent in 2006
-- Posted by XanTium on January 17 20:56 EST
From the press release:
1UP.com, Ziff Davis Media Game Group's online destination for gaming enthusiasts, today announced the results of its 2006 user study. The study discloses a number of noteworthy findings, including the latest trends regarding the gaming community's media usage, its gaming habits, attitudes towards hardware ownership, and next-generation console purchase intent.
Some Key Findings:
* 1UP.com users plan to spend an average of $245 on games in the next two months.
* 77% plan to purchase a new game system in the next year, and 45% say they are likely to buy a portable or handheld system.
* They are extremely loyal to brick-and-mortar videogame stores, shopping in stores 13 times per month.
Some Current and Future Brand Attitudes, Preferences and Purchase Intent:
* Before the 2005 holidays, 17% of 1UP.com users had already bought Microsoft's next-generation Xbox 360 gaming console, and among users who say they're likely to purchase a system in the next year, 59% of them plan to purchase the Xbox 360.
* But Sony still dominates gamers' purchase intentions: 73% plan to purchase a Sony PlayStation 3. Half of gamers on 1UP.com also say they will purchase a Nintendo Revolution.
* 1UP.com users' purchase enthusiasm extends to other gaming-related electronics. For example, 23% plan to purchase an HDTV in the next six months, confirming the high-definition trend identified by game console manufacturers. A quarter of 1UP.com users already own an HDTV, and 82% of them own a DVD player.
Read the whole press release here.