QUOTE(Agrooreo @ Jan 28 2006, 04:35 AM)
DO NOT touch the brown/cream color thing with all the white junk on it while the box is on!!!!!!!
Thats the psu and it will shock the holy hell outta you if you touch it while powered on!!!!!
As Krayzie said, its not the voltage but the amperage that will kill you... it takes less than an amp to kill a person under ideal conditions. You may not end up 6 feet under but could be 6 feet away from your box when you wake up afer it knocks you on your ass. Highest voltage I had the unfortunate experience was 75,000... it arced right over the heavy insulation and around the pair of linesmen pliers I was holding, but not for long... they ended up about 10 feet away when my body flexed. I almost wet myself on that day. LOL
QUOTE(Dutchman @ Jan 28 2006, 06:38 AM)
could be the powersupply i have the same problem whenever i attach or detach the powercord i hear loud clicking and i can see sparks
Certain Xbox power supplies were faulty when made, I think it was the foxlink type.(hence the "Recalled cords" to ease the masses, but didnt solve the REAL problem) You really should either get a new power supply or perform the repair your self before continued use of that unit. Especially since your already seeing the sparks... a certain sign of emminent failure.