Feb 3 2006, 12:01 PM
i used sc ndure installer and have had it for a while. i put on a new eeprom yesterday and now i cannot access anything on my hard drive due to the eeprom and hdd key. error 6. i get that every time so i would really like some help on what programs and steps i should use to recover my backed up files on my pc to put on my xbox hard drive. i have tried severel things but not much luck. i have it setup as a slave right now and have tried different programs but i might be doing something wrong and i am stuck.
Feb 3 2006, 05:44 PM
1. Did you upload the eeprom into config magic ?
2. Do you have a copy of your original eeprom and the new one?
If you answer yes to both questions then
1. Get XboxHDM & create + burn as is (i.e. don't put any files into the subdirectories)
2. Put a copy of the original eeprom on a 3.5inch floppy ... call it Floppy1
3. Put a copy of the new eeprom on a 3.5inch floppy ... call it Floppy2
4. Setup your PC with your Xbox HDD as Primary Master and your PC CD/DVD drive on one of the other channels (No other harddrives should be connected to your PC)
5. Boot up the PC with XboxHDM disc in the drive (Make sure your PC Bios allows booting from CD/DVD)
6. Select the linux locking/unlocking tools from the main menu
7. Type in UNLOCKHD -A
8. The program will say it can't find an eeprom.bin and will ask you to locate the file, insert Floppy1 and select the menu option for Floppy Disk.... your Drive should now be unlocked
9. Remove Floppy1 and insert Floppy2
10. Type in LOCKHD -A
11. Again the program will look for the eeprom, select the option for Floppy Disk... your drive should now be locked with the correct key.
If you answered no to the 2nd question above, buy a mod-chip and a new harddrive.
Feb 3 2006, 11:35 PM
thank you for helping but im having some trouble with making the boot disc. i have read all the read me files and i open the make iso and it just closes instantly. i have tried several other things but i dont undrstand what i need on the disc. thanks so far because all i need now is this and i should be good.
Feb 4 2006, 04:00 AM
i got the image to work fine and burned it but i cannot get the disk to load while on boot up. i have cd rom as first boot device, but when it goes to load it says system disc failure and says please put one in. i burned the disc with nero and have never had any problems before. so just to make sure all i need to burn for xboxhdm to start is the linux.iso file right? i have been doing this for hours and it sucks. this hard drive is only one month old. why cant i get my disc to work.
Feb 4 2006, 02:49 PM
Linux.iso is the correct file to burn, it will fit on a reqular CD-R, in Nero just select CD, ISO and then click on the Open button, you'll need to change the selection to all files so you will see the .ISO extension.
Once burnt, you should be able to browse the CD-R in windows... open the CD in explorer and you should see:
If you see:
Then you're after burning the ISO as a datafile.
The XboxHDM CD should boot no problems once burnt correctly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here