Feb 14 2006, 05:41 PM
Apologies if this is on the forums but as title, I have sold a 'normal' xbox which is actually a softmodded box..
Please, what is the easiest way to return it to it's 'virgin' state?
I do have the eeprom and bios and other .bin files etc..
I assume I just wipe the additional files but I obviously don't want to ZAP it..
ACTUALLY IT will run Slayer's disc - I think that has an option to return a box to it's retail state??
Appreciate any guidance..
Feb 14 2006, 07:13 PM
Removing the SID 3.1 Softmod
There is one of two ways you could do this. Either by using the Remove Softmod option in the Softmod menu, or by Formatting C Drive and Installing the MS Dash again. Which ever way you decide you will be back to an unmodded state.
Removing the SID 4.1 Softmod
There are two steps to this. Firstly, you have to unmount the Virtual C Drive, which is done by selecting the Unmount Virtual C for SID 4 option in the Softmod menu.
After this, proceed to use the Remove SID 4.1 Softmod option.
Sory this is the only 2 I have removed
Feb 14 2006, 07:23 PM
Ok heres what i would do. Grab an installer disc to get hold of ms dash files, any common installer will do, slayers, aid 3 etc. Now get xboxhdm 1.9 and put the ms dash files in the c folder within xboxhdm linux folder. then put the eeprom into the "eeprom" folder in xboxhdm, then use the make iso win .bat file to make a linux.iso file, now burn this to a disc.
now, open the pc and put the xbox hdd in the pc as primary master. now boot up the pc and boot the disc you burnt from the iso, you may need to configure bios to do this. now select option 3 for locking/unlocking utilities, type unlock -a to unlock the hdd using eeprom. now reboot and select option 1 from the disc, now choose to rebuild xbox hdd, this will take a while just let it rebuild, now exit and reboot back to option 3 unlock/lock options and type lockhd -a to lock the hdd again.
Feb 15 2006, 11:09 AM
hi if you are using krayzies ndure 1.1 just load the game exploit then when the menu comes up click on remove softmod
Feb 15 2006, 09:29 PM
BUT I can run Krayzie, then I get to the restore bit..
But did I back up original files, did I heck oh DEEEAADrrrr...
So - I can ftp and do all the fancy things, but I would like to know what I put back on C: to get it looking like a retail box ... plleeaassee !!!!
Feb 16 2006, 12:15 AM
You can get a copy of the Slayer's disc & extract the M$ dash files from it.
Feb 16 2006, 11:19 AM
I do **have** Slayers.. thanks
However ... I think I have sorted it..
1) I was going to try using 'emergency linux and the MA trick' to get the C files from our unmodded xbox, but I didn't need to...
2) I originally tried to remove the softmod using Nudure..
Network and live didn't work..
3) HOWever I also have UXE 2.8 and I used the remove softmod option on THAT - and the original dash came up (again !) AND - Live worked, and Network was ok this time..
4) SO - I can access LIVE and start the signup for an account - and even get the time from live (I set the time wildly wrong and it LIVE corrected it). SO I ASSUME Live does not regard the Xbox as modded (because there are no mod files left, not even the MA emergency linux I deleted everything.).
I can see Live is accessing the network because I can get the terms and conditions for live in all languages, Japanese, Finnish etc etc so the network must be ok..
5) Can someone confirm - as the original settings seem to have been restored, it plays games fine, networks fine, accesses Live etc - that it should be also able to log onto live and not get blacklisted ??
So - thanks, and I have learned more ... but I still say, modding an xbox is trivial (I modded it about 10 times to try to unmod it !!) but getting the unmod right is a real PAIN !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here