Apr 10 2006, 02:32 AM
Woo first post!
Ok heres my deal, I want to softmod my xbox and I need a tab bit of help. I am very fluent with computers and hardware and that junk, so i'm not your average noob. This site has tonnes of great info and tutorials and all of which I can follow, but WTF ONES DO I USE! I've got an action replay in the mail and I want to softmod my xbox. Ive got [k:5838 d:5960] and before you ask no I don't want to hard mod my xbox or flash my bios (basic input output system). Also if possible I would like to do it without hot swapping but if needed I will. FYI I know how to slave a drive and do all that fun stuff. At the very least if someone could point me in the direction of some tutorials that I should go by and in what order. And on a side note: what do I get when I softmod? Will this allow me to play burnt games, emulators? Also someone once told me they got their box modded to play PS2 games on it (WTF?!?) is this possible and if so can it be done with softmods. Thanks guys hook me up here.
Apr 10 2006, 02:57 AM
Ok I found : Modding Made Easy Tutorials:Gamesave Softmod
It seems to be pretty self explanitory and will suit my noob-mod brain, does anyone know if this will work with my current k and d? See ^ for ver. For tut go here: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=414296
Apr 10 2006, 04:37 AM
I just softmodded my xbox last night with Krazie's 1.1, and I can say without a doubt, that it was pretty damn easy. Provided onscreen instructions guide you through this mod. You can play Unsigned XBE's (burned games, emulators, third party programs, etc). I doubt the PS2 games thing, Unless there was an emulator, but I doubt the Xbox is powerful enough to emulate PS2 Games.
Hope this answered your questions.
Apr 10 2006, 11:40 AM
Follow that tutorial, after you do it you will realize how easy it is.
BACK UP YOUR EEPROM ON YOUR COMPUTER/EMAIL/SOMEWHERE.
Apr 10 2006, 11:50 AM
Use Krayzie's Ndure Installer v1.1, it is the best and foolproof. Your kernel and dash versions are perfect for it. A readme comes with the files which has an explanation of what to do. But basically it boils down to this:
=Get gamesave onto your xbox (via action replay and memory card usually)
=Run the game that the gamesave is meant for (Mech Assault, Splintercell & the other one which i've forgotten, is it 007?)
=Load that gamesave/profile and it will run krayzies softmod installer
=Choose "1st Backup your Eeprom"
=Choose "Basic Install"
=Follow on screen prompts
=Your done now FTP applications such as DVD2XBOX, Xbox Media Center or/and whatever you want onto your newly softmodded xbox
Apr 10 2006, 06:52 PM
Sweet deal thanks for all the help guys! I already got the files I need off xbins but I was wondering what tools I need to do what. Heres my list:
1) I know how to memory edit and all that fun stuff to make trainers but how does it work for xbox? I downloaded MXT_EasyEvoXTrainerMaker_rel1.1.rar how do I use this and will it suit my purposes such as makeing cheats for games?
2)Backup copies of games, I want to backup my games which program should I use I dl'ed dvd2xbox is that what I need or even what I should use?
3)PSX emu, Ive got the emulator but anyone know how it works? I hae a bunch of PSX games like BOF 3 Saga Frontier and Legend of Mana (Sieken Denetsu). Its called PCSXbox is that the right one? I also hear it doesn't support a lot yet is this true?
4)Ps2 on xbox is damn near impossible and the only way to do it would be to mod your xbox by gluing a ps2 to it. Because it needs sperate bios and stuff so no go there
5) wathing dvds without the stupid remotte adapter! what do i need for this?
Thanks a bunch
Apr 11 2006, 06:51 AM
1) will be tricky, you need a debug bios loaded (which is hard unless you know what you're doing, i'm tryin to get one on as a dual-boot now, that means when i press eject it will load that bios instead of the normal mod) not sure how the rest goes but i think the debug bios is used to dump the memory or something and then you can use the trainer tools, but i really not sure as i never done any of this before.
2) i've used HDDLoader, dvd2xbox and some disc dumping thing. dvd2xbox is by far the best.
3) i have pcsxbox but my dvd drive wont read the discs so yaeh im screwed there, i dumped them on my computer and transferred them to my xbox in a folder. used pcsxbox to load the system file or whatever it is, and it runs the games. ive only tested one game though (harvest moon).
4)ps2 on xbox? whats your question? the xbox hardware isn't powerful enough to run those games if an emulator existed anyway, i think.
5)an application like dvdx2 or xbox media center will let you watch them without the remote. personally if i were you i'd get xbox media center, it has everything!
hope this helps. good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here